September 2011 Moms
Options

BTDT Moms: active periods

After you had your first (second, third, fourth) little one, did you notice if there was a correlation between the times the baby was active in your belly and times they were active after you had them.

I was talking to someone telling them how I have the laziest child ever that doesn't move a whole lot, but there are certain times of the day/evening when LO is just bouncing off the walls.  A few people have said to me "o remember those times because that's probably when s/he will be most active after they get here" 

I was just wondering if, in your experience, there is any truth to this.  I know a lot changes when a baby goes from inside to outside, but it's kind of neat to think about.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation

Re: BTDT Moms: active periods

• Options

yes and no.  i mean, ds (and this one) are super active at night when i lay down.  because that's when I stop moving as much.  but ds didn't really have his days/nights mixed up.

that said, he's usually his 'wildest' after dinner and before bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With all 3 of my boys, they were active at different times and all 3 of them were GREAT sleeping at night. They napped a lot during the day too. I used to say I was super lucky but I didn't see anything similar other then after dinner like PP is their active time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think there might be truth to their patterns in the early days after they're born, but the longer they're "outside," the more likely they start to adapt to a different schedule. 

That being said, I don't remember specifically when DS was most active in the womb and if it correlated with his active times once he was born.

• Options
    No.  DS was most active at night when I was pg, like just before and after we went to bed.  So you would think night owl.  When in fact, he's the complete opposite.  He's an early riser and passes out early.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It didn't really have a correlation for me as far as activity when he was born. However, I DID go into labor at the exact time he was most active. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not...I would always get woken up by him kicking me and going crazy at 4:00 AM. I started having contractions (immediately 5 minutes apart) at 4:00 AM. 
  • Options

imageaggielauren:
    It didn't really have a correlation for me as far as activity when he was born. However, I DID go into labor at the exact time he was most active. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not...I would always get woken up by him kicking me and going crazy at 4:00 AM. I started having contractions (immediately 5 minutes apart) at 4:00 AM. 

Funny, that happened to me too.  DS was most active in the evenings and right after I went to bed, and my water broke at 11 pm.  Interesting...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for your input ladies!  I figured it wouldn't have too much to do with an outside baby, but I was just curious.

I am a little scared though hearing you mention the most active periods correlating with when you went into labor.  I can't think of anything more traumatic than my water breaking here at work.  Eeek!

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"