Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Busch Gardens & Water Country - Toddler friendly?

Taking our 2 year old to both in a few months. Wondering how much there is to do at either for her age. Both websites are blocked at work. :(

Re: Busch Gardens & Water Country - Toddler friendly?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm stalking this post lol, I think we can get cheap-ish tickets because we have friends who work for the FBI.

OP: what part of VA are you from? 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Yes, Water Country definitely is....I was most recently at BG Tampa, and the last time I was at BG Williamsburg was 5 yrs back, pre-kids, so I don't remember....

ETA: If you have AAA you can get discount tickets, but have to buy them in advance....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSookieFrackhouse68:

Busch Gardens has an enormous play place specifically for children called "Land of the Dragons." Your kids could spend HOURS there, no joke. I adored it as a kid.

I believe Water Country also has a designated, large area dedicated to children, but it has been several years since I've been there.

We used to go to both Bush Gardens and Water Country a lot when our nephews lived with us. 

Bush Gardens has a lot of stuff that kids enjoy looking at.  They like the overhead ride and the train bunches and bunches :-)  Land of Dragons isn't all that cool once your kids are big enough to go up on the netting/rigging over head.  VERY easy to lose them as there are 3 major exits from the area.  For a toddler the little rides are pretty darn cool.  They have rides all over the park for little kiddos.

Water Country is pretty darn great with little ones.  Our youngest nephew was almost 3 when they moved in with us but I think it would be lots of fun with a toddler too.  They won't be able to do any of the bigger rides at all but there are several shallow pools with lots of little slides and stuff like that.  There's even a little tube ride for the little ones. 

If you are a VA resident you can go once and turn that (at no extra cost) into a season pass OR you can do a double park pass.  We usually use Priceline and get a hotel in the area for $50.  For what it's worth you can go to Williamsburg without having to pay unless you want to go into the bigger attraction buildings.  For instance, you can go in the jail :-) but not the big house.

ETA: Also, Bush Gardens Williamsburg, the one here in VA beside Water Country just added Sesame Place which is devoted to kiddos and better than Land of Dragons.  It's it's own little country like all the other ones whereas Land of Dragons is kinda in the middle, hence my complaint about how easy it is for a kid to leave the area unbeknownst to parents.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• We live 10 min away from Busch Gardens so we have season passes. DD LOVES it. It is 100% toddler friendly. They have a Sesame Street area, a water/dragon area too cool off, all the animals, stroller parking, kids plays, you name it.... they have it.

I always pack snacks and drinks for DD and they never say anything about it. 

Bring a swim diaper and SPF/towel. She is usually knocked out before I put the car in reverse b/c she is having so much fun. 

They have toddler rides that you can go on with them as well. 

• imagediana.filipi:

ETA: Also, Bush Gardens Williamsburg, the one here in VA beside Water Country just added Sesame Place which is devoted to kiddos and better than Land of Dragons.  It's it's own little country like all the other ones whereas Land of Dragons is kinda in the middle, hence my complaint about how easy it is for a kid to leave the area unbeknownst to parents.

It is awesome. We've taken B and he loved it. It's where he met Elmo and fell in love. I think it's a much better toddler area than Land of the Dragons, though that area isn't bad either as far as rides go.

Also, they have a Sesame St. live show, so make sure to take LO to that if s/he likes the characters (or even if s/he doesn't' know them, B didn't when we went and now he loves reading books about them). 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are also thinking about going with family. Coming from out of town but close enough not to get a hotel. What about naps?
  • My MIL lives in fredricksburg so I do beleive this thread just sold me on taking LO to both places this summer! Can't wait!
  • This post makes me excited, as we're moving to Newport News next week!
    imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"