September 2011 Moms
Options

Talk to me about Graco cribs...

I saw quite a lot of talk about them skimming through several pages of this board yesterday.  I've been pretty set on getting one with this baby for awhile because of the good reviews on BRU's website and the price can't be beat.  The $400+ we spent on a crib that wound up getting recalled twice (stupid f***ing dropside) still chaps my ass so I have no intention of spending over $200 on this crib.  

I don't think they're mentioned in  the copy of Baby Bargains I have from DD.  Can someone sum it up for me?  Also, what is this Walmart deal I've been reading about? 

Thanks ladies! 

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
Sarah - 12/23/2008
Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage

Re: Talk to me about Graco cribs...

• Options

I LOVE our Graco Lauren. We have it in espresso. It looks nice, is sturdy and holding up well to my active kid. It was very easy to assemble, and lowering the mattress was really simple. I haven't seen a copy of Baby Bargains more recent than 2007, but I am pretty sure they were rated well in that copy.

The Wal-Mart deal is the crib for $140ish? and a free mattress. I'm not sure if it's still going on or not, but I know several of the girls on this board talked about getting it. We got a similar deal on ours last summer - crib and mattress for $130 plus free shipping to our home. I *think* this time it's free shipping to the store. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I purchased the Graco Lauren through the Walmart deal a couple of weeks ago and the crib and mattress is in and waiting to be picked up.  Baby Bargains rates the crib (and the brand) an A.  Graco is the entry level price point of the company LaJobi. 

"At the entry-price level, La Jobi's Graco brand is sold in chains like Target and walmart.  A simple Graco crib at Walmart is $120 to $200.  How's the quality?  Excellent, in our opinion.  These are probably the best low price cribs on the market today, especially compared to similarly priced competitors like Delta and Cosco."

Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also purchased the Graco Lauren crib through Walmart and their free site to store shipping.  It was pretty easy to assemble (at least DH told me it was) and so far I love the look of it and something we can transition LO to into a toddler bed.  We paid $130ish through Walmart.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageGeekchick921:

I saw quite a lot of talk about them skimming through several pages of this board yesterday.  I've been pretty set on getting one with this baby for awhile because of the good reviews on BRU's website and the price can't be beat.  The $400+ we spent on a crib that wound up getting recalled twice (stupid f***ing dropside) still chaps my ass so I have no intention of spending over $200 on this crib.  

I don't think they're mentioned in  the copy of Baby Bargains I have from DD.  Can someone sum it up for me?  Also, what is this Walmart deal I've been reading about? 

Thanks ladies! 

I ordered the crib mattress combo yesterday from Walmart.com come and am having it shipped to my house.  The total cost was around $160.00 with shipping and tax included.  I have the newest baby bargains book and it got very good reviews, which is the reason why I bought it.  Yesterday when I ordered it, walmart.com stated that it should be delivered sometime between Monday-Thursday of next week.  This morning I tracked shipping and it is already in the southeast suburbs of Philadelphia.  I live in northeast suburbs and it stated it should be delivered today!  Was that quick or what?? I will let you know the condition of packaging and such when it gets here.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I ordered the Graco Lauren deal from Walmart last week.  It came into the store this week and we're picking it up tomorrow.

I've heard nothing but great reviews.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks so much, guys!  

I THOUGHT it was a LaJobi crib.  Sarah's crib is a Bonavita, which is also La Jobi.  The reason it was recalled twice was for the dropside, and honestly, we never had a single problem with it, but I still am not happy with that fact since it cost over $400.  I'm not comfortable using it with another baby now since the CPSC has banned dropside cribs, even though the dropside can be immobilized.  Plus, since we turned it into a toddler bed, I'm pretty sure it's not really supposed to be converted back to a crib again.   

gbyrd07, are you in Bucks County?  We're in Montco.  Smile 

I'm really pleased with all the great reviews these cribs have all over Amazon, BRU, Walmart, etc.  That deal with the Graco Lauren crib with the mattress is awesome.  At $140 it's already cheaper than it is at BRU sans mattress.  I agree that that mattress may not be the best with only 80 coils, but it's got really good reviews.  That said, we will probably put it on Sarah's bed, since IIRC, coils are heavier than foam, which is what her mattress is, and put the foam one in the crib.  It would be a lot easier to haul the foam one in and out of the crib in the middle of the night in the case of big spit-ups or diaper blow-outs to change the sheets.

I think I'm going to wind up buying a used dresser of CL and refinishing it.  That sounds like a fun project I can actually do with a mask on.  Smile

Thanks again, guys! 

Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    Geekchick- I'm actually in Rhawnhurst, NE Philly very close to Huntington Valley- also if you decide not to buy a used dresser babys r us has a 20% off all nursery furniture- i went to the one on bristol pike and got a really beautiful dresser for like $280.  Also, the first shipment of my order came yesterday- the mattress.  The fedex delivery person said the crib should come today.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I know where it is.  My husband and I grew up in Mayfair.  We actually almost bought a house in Rhawnhurst, but we didn't LOVE it and we got a place in Abington Township.

And thanks for the furniture tip!  I am going to see if I can't find something second hand on the cheap but otherwise we might suck it up and buy something new. 

Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"