May 2011 Moms

What pictures do I need?

DH is taking his job as photographer while I'm getting stitched up from my c/s very seriously.  He wants me to make a list of "must-have pics."  I don't really think this is necessary because I think he will just be snapping away like crazy but the man wants a list.  So what pictures should I put on this list?

Also, I felt that someone needed to make a post so that the first post on the board is no longer "Bajingo Action!"  It kills me every time I come on the board.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What pictures do I need?

• must have as in:

in the hospital? we took pics of every visitor that we could, Beau getting his vitals taken, etc.  On the way home, getting dressed, etc. (we also had our camcorder). 

At home, we took our newborn photos, and we're planning to take a picture every week for a year and put them all together :) 

• imagemrbear83:

must have as in:

in the hospital? we took pics of every visitor that we could, Beau getting his vitals taken, etc.  On the way home, getting dressed, etc. (we also had our camcorder). 

At home, we took our newborn photos, and we're planning to take a picture every week for a year and put them all together :) 

Pictures as in while they are finishing up my c/s and won't be there with DH to say "take a picture of that."  Like baby being weighed.

• Loading the player...
  • We took pictures of everything (I have photos of Ari's head coming out of my incision...) and I am so glad tha we did.  Even if they never make the photo books or blog, I will be happy to look back on them when he is grown.
    Photobucket
  • iris427iris427 member

I have pictures of baby getting weighed, footprinted, etc.  A bunch of her crying in the warmer LOL.  Pics of us holding her for the first time, I think some nursing pics, some of the nurses holding her, some of the OB that did the delivery.  I also have a picture of the board that was up in my room with all her delivery stats (time, weight, doctor's name, nurse's name, etc.)

If your husband is going to cut the cord, you might want to see if a nurse or someone can take a picture of that.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OB holding baby- Hubs totally forgot this last time.  This time I made him get it but I regret him not getting it last time.

Sometime during your stay your SO/Hubs will be asleep in a chair or on the extra bed- take a photo of it.

Them cleaning the baby, her states, footprinting, here babies have to take a hearing test before they are allowed to leave so of the hearing test.

Your flowers, the OR room, and set up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really wanted LO's pic being weighed. One of the nurses grabbed my camera and took a bunch more, and I'm glad she did. She took my pic when they put LO on my chest (I had to crop out my bajingo in that one!)  and she took our first family photo. Those were my faves out of what was taken. 

• My favorite picture during my c/s is of the clock showing the time she was born.

They pulled her out, held her up so DH could take a couple pictures over the curtain (they are a little gory, I admit), but then he was not invited over to the warmer for a minute or so. So the picture of the clock not only shows the very minute she was born, but is a little symbolic of us having to wait to get to go see her in the warmer -- time stood still!

Other pics he took was her on the weigh station (metric and english weights), and she held DH's finger the whole time they were checking her, so he took lots of pics of that. Otherwise it is mostly pictures of her squirming and getting checked out, then the nurses took pictures of the three of us of a while and pictures of him with LO, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"