Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Postpartum itching. Stitches or???

It's been 7 days & I had two stitches put right inside for a small tear. It's started itching like CRAZY down there. My mom said it could be a yeast infection. I have no idea if stitches itch when they heal or not. I don't have any weird odors or discharge besides bleeding. What do you think? If it's just the stitches then what can I use to ease the painful itching?

Photobucket
Landon & Porter
1-10-07 & 5-11-11

Re: Postpartum itching. Stitches or???

• Options

I didn't have stitches or a yeast infection and I went through a few days where I itched like CRAZY. It was seriously insane. I'm pretty sure I even posted about it.

Mine only lasted 2-3 days, maybe? I did take extra showers wondering if maybe it was dried blood or something. I never really figured it out, it just went away.

I think someone else suggested it may just be your body healing. Good luck. 

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Options
    For me it was my stitched area healing. I could tell that's where it was, though, it was very localized.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had some itching start at about 5 days PP, lasted for maybe a week. One of the things that helped a little bit was the Peri bottle they gave me to take home, I just filled it with extra warm water and rinsed the area when I would use the bathroom, sometimes 3 or 4 bottles worth just because the pressure of the water provided some kind of relief for me. TMI maybe but that's what helped it for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I had a c-section but I have always been told that itching around a wound is a good sign that means it is healing. something about extra blood flow. my incision area still gets itchy sometimes. hth =)
  • Options
    I think it would be the stitches.  The peri bottle helped me a lot up until a little after a week.
  • Options
    jgoojgoo member
    I had stitches with both deliveries & they both itched like a mother! For me, it was definitely a sign on healing. There wasn't much to do about it- the only minor relief for me was filling the peri bottle with warm water & squirting away.
  • Options

I have like 100 stitches for a ton of small tears and they itch like crazy.

I was given anti-itch cream and spray at the hospital. Since 90% of my stitches are inside it isn't very helpful though. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"