North Carolina Babies

Inexpensive Crib Options

I know I am never on her anymore but need some help...

My MIL is looking for a crib for her house & is looking on Craigslist. While I am sure there are some decent cribs on there I am sort of afraid of what she will end up with. Since my girls are almost 4 & 18 months I don't have a current copy of Baby Bargins.... can anyone tell me a crib at Target, Walmart or even IKEA that is cheap but gets good reviews.

Thank you!!! 

Re: Inexpensive Crib Options

• Wow! Those pictures are so old! That's DD #2 getting ready to leave the hospital & now she is 18 months old!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there!
    The IKEA Gulliver crib is highly rated and just $100. That's what we plan to get, if we have a second baby.

DD's crib is a recalled drop-side one that we don't plan to reuse. Aside from the recall issue, it was a good crib--it is a Graco that we got at BRU for like $150. But obviously they don't sell it anymore, since it's a drop side.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Thank you! I just emailed her both of those options!
  • I have one from Ikea and I'm really happy with it.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• We have a graco lauren crib.  No complaints other then DD would rather sleep in our bed then the crib but that's a whole nother story
    From miscarriages, a diagnosis of a bicornuate uterus, and fibroid removal surgery...It's been quite the journey but it was all well worth it. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How often are you thinking of taking the girls over there? Is this a sorta-babysitting arrangement or something more for when you visit?

My parents bought a PnP for the few times we'd be visiting (once in 14mo - they live in OH and we're in NC). For the first few times we visited the ILs (only 2hr away) on day-trips we brought a co-sleeping positioner and had that on the couch while we would sit with her (for the five minutes she might get put down!). Now for both and for the other travel we do we have a KidCo Peapod (popup tent). It's big enough probably that your almost 4yo could take a nap in it as well as the 18mo. It takes up a bit of floor space in a smaller king-bed hotel room, but not so much that you can't maneuver with it set up. The great thing for us is it folds up pretty flat.

The only trick is once the kidlet is mobile, you'll need to zip it shut. WE skipped that step one night and woke to find her half on the floor curled up in the comforter we had put out on the floor between her tent and our bed.

Rae Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the gulliver from IKEA.  We obviously haven't used it, but my SIL has the same one and loves it.
    Our little flower

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"