2nd Trimester

crusty nipples???

I am starting to get white crusty stuff in my nipples. I am guessing this is the start of me producing milk..? I have been picking it out should i stop picking it out or keep cleaning them. I think it looks a little weird and it seems to itch at times but my boobs and nipples itch all the time so I don't know if its really the "white crusty" stuff thats making it itch or not... anyone else going through this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: crusty nipples???

• YUP!

I spazzed out the first time I noticed it. I wipe down with soap and warm water with a washcloth. It's kinda grody, but nothing to get upset or worried about.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • okay thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • PS: I kinda love that "Avery" appears to be playing peek-a-boo in your sig pic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haha yes that is what everyone says he was doing "playing peek-a-boo" i thought it was precious thank you!
  • acaveracaver member
    I've got the same thing, I've just been washing it off.  I put on that cocoa butter oil and it helps some with the itching.
  • Ms.JadeMs.Jade member
    All I have to say is thank you for posting this!
  • imageacaver:
    I've got the same thing, I've just been washing it off.  I put on that cocoa butter oil and it helps some with the itching.

yes ive been meaning to get some cocoa butter for my stomach. Thats good to know it helps with the itch thanks!

• cactus5cactus5 member
    Totally normal!
  • I hope it's normal, I get it too! I'm leaking a little here and there too.
  • yes i am glad to hear its normal, I guess now just wait for the fun leaking to begin Tongue Tied
  • Ella&CElla&C member
    Yes, very normal. I had it with DD and now with DS.
  • imagenewmommytobe2011:
    yes i am glad to hear its normal, I guess now just wait for the fun leaking to begin Tongue Tied

You may not necessarily start leaking.  With my first pg and this one I get the crusties, and never leaked even at the very end with my son.  I don't figure I will this time either. 

• your body is preparing itself for what it needs to do!!  some tips to help with the itching--stop washing your nipples directly with soap, it dries them out more and get yourself some Lasinoh lanolin cream.  it comes in a purple tube and you can buy it at BRU or Target, it works wonders.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Thank you so much for posting this. I was too embarrassed to ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"