Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Child care/preschool question

For those of you that work full time and have used a babysitter out of their home, when DC reached a certain age did you switch completly to a pre-school program, did a few days each week at both, or stay full-time with the babysitter?  Just thoughts running around in my head and wondering what others did/do.  TIA! 
BFP #1= DD, We've been TTC DC #2 since 8/11. BFP #2 on 4/18/12, BO confirmed on 5/21/12, natural mc 0n 6/1/12. BFP #3 on 10/11/12.... Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Child care/preschool question

• Options
    DS will be three in September and is currently with an in home DCP full time since both DH and I work outside of the home. We will keep him with her until he goes to kindergarten, which because his birthday is mid-September, won't be until he's six. Our DCP is a former preschool teacher so she does a lot of those types of activities with him. I like that he's only one in five kids (and one of those is her own 14 month old), and gets a lot of individualized attention while also getting to interact with other kids as well. So, he'll be with his DCP a few more years. Even when he does go to kindergarten, he'll be with her 1/2 day. It's several years away, but we plan on using her for before/after school care when DS is in first grade and beyond.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My son is 4 1/2 and has gone to daycare 2 days a week since he was one(My mom keeps him the other days).  I firmly believe that kids do better in a school environment when they are in a structured learning facilitly from a young age.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"