June 2011 Moms

Edible Baby Shower Favors

Can anyone recommend their favors?  I am in charge of the favors for a friends shower on July 30th and since I will have a newborn I need something easy.  Either something that I can order and assemble, or simple enough to make myself.  I definitely want to stick with edible and she has no theme.  The colors of her nursery are ivory and khaki.

Re: Edible Baby Shower Favors

• For my shower on Saturday we had favor boxes filled with Coconut Hershey Kisses.  I think they picked coconut because they have a blue wrapper and the shower was decorated in blues.  

The other shower with a edible favor was bags with little sugar cookies.  I think from Sam's or Walmart.  Very cute and delicious - not over the top.

You could always get some truffles or something too, and just put 2-3 in a box.  Everyone loves truffles! 

• You can either do a candy bar (a few kinds of candy in glass jars and favor bags) or I would order pre wrapped cookies to match the theme of the shower.
  • Loading the player...
  • For my baby shower, we just did pastel colored wrapped candy...it was a mix of hershey kisses, mini candy bars and m&m's. My shower was around Easter time so the colors were readily available.
    For my SIL baby shower in April, she had white felt, folded up like a diaper and one safety pin in the front and it had about 7 pieces of mini candy in it, oh and a pencil for one of the games. They made a "brown spot" in the botton of one of the diapers and whomever had that diaper got a prize for the "dirty diaper."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Is she team green?

We used Cake Pops from Starbucks. My mom pre-ordered them and they were like $1.25/piece (they are cheaper the more you order).

We used the pink ones because I'm having a girls, but they have other flavors in other colors.

Here's what mine looks like assembeled:

They sell cake pop stands at Michales/AC Moore. Since they came made the only thing my mom had to do was add ribbon.

Here's another pic:https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-l893SH3ruu1Q9W_DhsB4O7HoDDs2RYarGBuMLBdELfG3z2cmeQ

These are the other flavor options look like, Rocky Road & Tiramisu (sp?). They may work with the theme of the nursery:

• For our wedding, my aunt made chocolate covered pretzels and put 2 each in the cellaphane bags with a nice ribbon.  It's cheap and easy to do and you could mix dark chocolate with white and pick any sprinkles or decorations you want.
  • Cupcakes where the favors at my shower.  My hostesses go them from Crumbs Bakery in NYC.  You can getthem from any bakery or even make them yourself if youhad the energy and times.  Each was individually boxed and wrapped with a ribbon and tag.  They were sooooo goood!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister made caramels using our grandmother's recipe.  She put 5-6 in a cellophane bag and stapled a die-cut owl over the top (she ordered those from etsy).  A ribbon tying the bag shut would also be nice - you can hang a paper tag from the ribbon saying Thank You.  Caramels would work with the color scheme. 
  • cvl105cvl105 member

My Mom made wrappers and wrapped them around Hershey bars. nice an simple!

I also like the idea of chocolate dipped pretzel rods!

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • imagecvl105:

My mom did the same thing. The front of the wrapper said "Mommy and Jagger would like to say, it was sweet of you to join us today! Thank you for coming!" And the back said Karissa's Baby Shower May 14, 2011. Super cute!
  • We had cake pops in the shape of a baby at my shower. They were adorable!! We also had a candy bar with little baggies nearby for guests to scoop and take home.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • cvl105cvl105 member
    imageJuneBugsMommy:
    imagecvl105:

My mom did the same thing. The front of the wrapper said "Mommy and Jagger would like to say, it was sweet of you to join us today! Thank you for coming!" And the back said Karissa's Baby Shower May 14, 2011. Super cute!

Pics:

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • lo722lo722 member
    With my DD we did cinnamon buns.  Along the lines of a "bun in the oven".  We just bought the pilsbury ones that are simple to make and wrapped them in cellophene or could put them in a bag.  Everyone really liked them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"