Northern California Babies

UPDATED ** wwyd - daycare related

after last week's snot saga ... btw she's doing MUCH better ! i found out that she's parked in front of a tv for 2 hrs !?! (from 7-9) every morning. needless to say i was UPSET !

yesterday i got a call from dd's old dcp, dcp let her go due to downsizing a few months back but if a spot opened up we'd get first crack at it, well there's a spot opening up and we are seriously considering it. dcp is closer to my office and about $120/cheaper a month and an NO snot/tv issues there.

we can re-start her at any time at her old dcp, my question - since her old dcp is going on vacation the 1st week of july- would you switch her back ASAP (w/in next 2 wks) and then find alt care for that vacation week or switch the monday after dcp gets back from vacation ? 

eta: i talked to old dcp today and they are perfectly ok w/ the mid july re-start date ! it made perfect sense to them to move her then rather than move her once to have her somewhere else for a week then back. h is happy that she's going back there too. he's noticed a change in her since she's been at the other place and i'm thinking that going back to the small environment will be a good thing for her.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: UPDATED ** wwyd - daycare related

• If you're already planning on switching regardless and its just timing you're asking about, i'd switch right away and just worry about finding alt care during vacation week.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'd wait until after vacation...then, finding alt care sounds like a MAJOR headache!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.BoomBoom:
    I'd wait until after vacation...then, finding alt care sounds like a MAJOR headache!

it is .. i vividly remember the mad scramble i went through last year and if i can avoid it, i will.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

• If you're able to start after the vacation, I would. While that is a month and a half away it would end up being cheaper in the long run. This is, of course, provided she lets you start that far ahead.
  • jsugrinjsugrin member
    I would wait.  Did you let the provider know how pissed you are about the TV thing?
  • imageAvaLikeLava:
    If you're able to start after the vacation, I would. While that is a month and a half away it would end up being cheaper in the long run. This is, of course, provided she lets you start that far ahead.

the good thing is that she's VERY flexible w/ the re-start date and she would completely understand if i held off until after her vacation.

• I would say if you don't have some readily available options for alt daycare during the vacation time, to wait it out... unless you are really fed up!!  I would be so upset if I knew my LO was watching 2hrs of tv a day!!
    "Oh come on Gromit, a bit more, you know... alluring!!" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"