Babies on the Brain

Is this a bit much for a little girl?

Or maybe not enough.  I don't have a problem with kids in bikinis but this seems kind of skimpy/adult.  Maybe I am getting grumpy in my old age.

Re: Is this a bit much for a little girl?

• That pisses me off so bad.

Married 11/24/07
    Camille Rae 8/21/10
    Thea Grace's EDD 5/22/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Too skimpy IMO.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • bancbevbancbev member
    The bottoms are wayyyyyy too skimpy imo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ok, I'm one of the few who doesn't mind bikinis for kids, although this seems a bit much.  I don't like the ties on the sides of the bottom. 
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • I'm leaning towards too skimpy, though I can't put my finger on why. Something about the top bugs me. 
    imageimageimage
  • wait, it's nothing but ties on the sides? Yeah, not ok. 
    imageimageimage
  • sandy02sandy02 member
    I dont see anything... was the pic removed?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • sandy02sandy02 member
    Now I see it. And yeah, to much. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • There is no freaking way I would let my daughter wear that.
  • imageValentineBB:
    Ok, I'm one of the few who doesn't mind bikinis for kids, although this seems a bit much.  I don't like the ties on the sides of the bottom. 

Yes I also don't mind bikinis for kids. It's the ties on the sides that are inappropriate IMO. Especially at that age.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think it's too skimpy. The string ties on the bottom and the triangle top don't cover enough.

I can't imagine little girls wearing something like that without a major wardrobe malfunction, which is totally inappropriate. 

Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• imageandrew's wifey:
    That pisses me off so bad.

Holy Hell. Get that girl a towel. 

• UGH. I think two piece suits for girls *can* be cute. But that would so not be okay with me.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I wouldn't have been allowed out of the house in something like that as a teenager, I couldn't imagine a child wearing it. Nope.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Scout05Scout05 member

Yes, I think it's a bit much. I would not purchase it for my daughter, but I'm also one of those moms who will probably try to insist on a one-piece until she's older. I don't love bikinis on younger girls.

I don't love bikinis on me either, but for entirely different reasons.

• Yikes.  Seems like something you'd see on Toddlers & Tiaras.
  • Too skimpy. But I am not really a fan of kids in bikinis anyway.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageSBma:
    Yikes.  Seems like something you'd see on Toddlers & Tiaras.

That was my first thought also. Ew.

• imagecaffinated_tulip:
    I wouldn't have been allowed out of the house in something like that as a teenager, I couldn't imagine a child wearing it. Nope.

This. I don't have a problem with kids wearing 2 peice bathing suits, but the tankini style or something similar. Mostly because I always hated one peices.

• There is no way I would let my daughter wear that. It looks like something that a 20 year old would wear.
  • Kate621Kate621 member
    Inappropriate. She looks like a hooker.
  • WAY too skimpy.But then again, my girls (if I have any) will wear one-pieces or at least a tankini.  
    Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• inappropriate, IMO. 

I think bikinis are fine for kids, but the tank kinds. Or something really solid. With lot's of coverage. I don't like the string ties or the triangle top. She doesn't have breasts yet, why would you wear something that accentuates where her bosom should be?

• is it just me, or does that top look like it is just barely making it down to where her nips would be? why would someone let a small child wear that?
    Baby in a Blue Teapot
    Tempest in a Blue Teapot, food and everything else
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "You live, you learn, you drink, and move on." ~ Rotty
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"