Orange County Babies

Feedback on Saddleback Memorial in Laguna Hills

I'll be delivering at this hospital in August and wanted to obtain feedback. My friend had heard many negative comments and has pointed out her horrible delivering experience as well. I wanted to do my own research and find more people that have been admitted there.

Either you or anyone you know delivered there? Was it vaginal or C-Section?

I really do not want a C section and for what i've heard their rate it really HIGH.

Thanks so much for your help.

Re: Feedback on Saddleback Memorial in Laguna Hills

• I delivered there last August!!! I absolutely loved it!!!!! Dr. Koeperk delivered my daughter and it was vaginally. 

My daughter decided to come six weeks early and so we were in the hospital for 5 days and every single nurse was so nice to us!! All the doctors came in to say hi every morning and reassured us that 6 weeks is no big deal and everything would be fine. When I delivered the doctor and nurses all had such great teamwok that they were joking around and putting my husband and I at ease.

We really enjoyed our experience there!!!

Good Luck! :)  

• I know a lot of moms who delivered at Saddleback and each one of them have raved about their wonderful birth experiences (none of them had c-sections).  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never heard of any bad experiences at at Saddleback. And I heard their C-section rates were low.

I just delivered my baby there on April 20, and it was an amazing experience. My husband and I went in on 4/19 because I thought I was in labor, but it turned out I wasn't...but then my contractions started later that evening, and we were back in the hospital at 4am on 4/20. I got an epidural and delivered a beautiful baby boy vaginally.

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the nurses! They were really all too wonderful! I was so sad every time one of their shifts ended. My doctor ended up being out of town, so another doctor from my group delivered my baby. Overall, it was great despite my doctor being out of town.

We were supposed to be discharged at 11am (on 4/22), but they let us stay until 3pm.

If you choose Saddleback, I hope you have an amazing experience as well!

• Thank you all so much for the insight I really appreciate it.

Jazmin

• Chiming in, I gave birth (vaginal) to my son 3 years ago at Saddleback, Dr. Koperek and all of the nurses were great!  (The only issue was one the L&D nurse kept calling my husband by the wrong name. :-))  I'll be back again in October.

As far as c-sections, I believe Saddleback has the lowest rate, Hoag is actually the highest in the county.

My friend did have 2 c-sections at Saddleback.  One because she was breached and the other because her baby was past due and she was too big.  He doctor was Kenneth James who is really big on VBACs and will only do c-sections if needed.

Good luck & Congratulations!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will be delivering at Hoag this August but my second choice would be Saddleback. Their customer device and clinical approach to care is one of the best in South County. You make want to make comparisons in Websites like healthgrades.com where you learn about complaints and infection control issues filed with the state.Again, Saddleback is one of the best. As far as c-sections, that's all up to your OB not the hospital you deliver.You should really be looking at him or her and asking why, if, they had so many. The hospital is only the facilityYour physician practices in but it does not and should not dictate how your OB should do his professional.Good luck finding the right hospital for you.
  • Oh boy! I apologize for all the errors...I hate typing on the IPad.
  • I had a great experience at Saddleback!  I really liked my nurses, the food was pretty good, the rooms were nice and comfortable.  I have no complaints at all.  I have several friends who delivered there - some vaginal, some c-section, even one vbac - and everyone agreed it was a great hospital.

I had a scheduled c-section because my first (born at a different hospital) was born via emergency c-section (he was way too big for me and never progressed after three hours of pushing).  I felt very well taken care of.

Saddleback is a great hospital and I have heard they have relatively low rates of c-sections (a few percentage points lower than other area hospitals and than the national average).  I highly recommend it. You'll be in good hands!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"