1st Trimester

What to wear to my first ultrasound and appt?

Hey all!

I'm pregnant for the first time (6 weeks along), and I have my first ultrasound and dr appointment tomorrow morning.  Does it matter what I wear to the appointment--like jeans or sweatpants--or will I be in a gown anyway, so whatever is fine?  Sorry for being overly curious, but I figured you guys would know what would be best.  Thanks in advance!!

Re: What to wear to my first ultrasound and appt?

• Im assuming you will be in a gown so it wont matter :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekdodge423:

They prefer if you come in with clothes on.

Beyond that it doesn't matter.

You are my hero.

• Loading the player...
  • My first was transvaginal (and I'm guessing yours will be too - you're not even as far along as I was), and I didn't wear a gown. I removed my pants and underwear, and I had a paper sheet to cover my lower half.
  • imageJulia_JJ:
    My first was transvaginal (and I'm guessing yours will be too - you're not even as far along as I was), and I didn't wear a gown. I removed my pants and underwear, and I had a paper sheet to cover my lower half.
    This is what they had me do for a transvaginal at 7 weeks as well. If it is an abdominal u/s they just pull up your shirt and should tuck a cloth over you pants not to get gel on them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJulia_JJ:
    My first was transvaginal (and I'm guessing yours will be too - you're not even as far along as I was), and I didn't wear a gown. I removed my pants and underwear, and I had a paper sheet to cover my lower half.

This

#1 BPF 4/10/2011 Born 12/9/2011
    #2 BFP 9/25/2014 EDD 6/10/2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I had my first at 7 weeks 3 days and the baby was already more then high enough to be seen during my abdominal... I also had the fullest bladder ever tho...
  • imagekdodge423:

They prefer if you come in with clothes on.

Beyond that it doesn't matter.

This.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it would be best to wear semi-formal attire... ultrasounds and all subsequent ob appointments are usually black tie optional, and you really want to play it safe...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, guys!  It went well, and my prom dress suited the event perfectly! ;P
  • Umm, clothes? ha-ha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"