Tennessee Babies

Knoxville Zoo

Hi!  I'm coming over from the NC board.   Anyone been to the Knoxville zoo?   How is it and do you have any tips?

Re: Knoxville Zoo

• the only time i have been is on "free day"....so it was WAY crowded.  however, i think its what you are used to.  i'm originally from indiana and was disappointed in the quality of the exhibits as i'm used to Indy's zoo... Knoxville's has a kids area that is nice....we didn't get to play because by the time we got there my DD was asleep! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have only been once and it was last July in the early afternoon during the week.  It was REALLY hot out so there were not too many people there (my family was here from Canada for our wedding so it was one of our touristy things to do).  We found that because it was so hot, not too many of the animals were out and about, so if it is forecast to be a warm day, I would plan on going in the morning. 

I have only been to a couple of smaller zoo's so I thought it was quite nice and my family really enjoyed it.  The food and drinks were a bit pricey, like at most touristy places, so if you want to save a bit of $$ then you could pack your own. 

• Loading the player...
  • Fun! Enjoy!
    Wonderful daughter born 10/99. Diagnosed autistic/ epileptic. Non- verbal. /////Twins! Born 11/10 @ 29 weeks. 71/2 week NICU stay! Bring on the fun!
  • I love that zoo!  Everything about it is great.  Have a great time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love going there. There's a getting kids petting zoo area which is where I end up spending all my time. :) Beware, there was an accident yesterday where a little bot got pinned under a camel. He was fine, but MAJOR news coverage. It might make it crazy to be there, or desolate....not sure.
    Baby #1 - Lost 5/15/10 at 9 weeks 6 days Baby #2 - Lost 9/23/10 at 5 weeks 4 days image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"