Single Parents

Poll: How much did your attorney charge per hour?

Just curious about this. 

I'm doing my own, but a friend contacted an attorney about his divorce and her rate is $400/hour!  That just seems outrageous to me, especially in this area.

[Poll]

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Poll: How much did your attorney charge per hour?

• I voted $100-$200 because I'm paying him $180/hr. However, his actual rate is $240/hr. I happen to get a 25% discount through my employer.

imageimageimage

• My attorney was $350/hour

Her paralegal was $175/hour

Her receptionist was $50/hour

To be honest, I think I may have used up an hour and a half total with my attorney. Most things were done by her paralegal (who I adored).

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't vote because I haven't had to pay a lawyer. But my uncle paid $300/hr for his and a friend of mine is paying $400 hour for hers right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Holy crap! Once again, I am extremely thankful to have an attorney who is working pro bono for me. Otherwise, I'd be seriously f***ed.
  • OMG. Can you do a payment plan?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • $375/hr 

and a minimum 7500 retainer fee

its no joke 

• Mine was right at $200 but her paralegal (who did all the leg work) was only $110. It was a small office and I think I used 2 hours tops with mine.
  • I didn't vote because H and I opted on a dissolution. His rate is a flat rate of $1,200. The court fees for filing is $175, and the private judge to come into the office to sign off on the divorce and a notary is sign it is $150.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"