2nd Trimester

A question I NEVER thought I'd ask.

This is definitely TMI ladies and if I were going to my doctor sooner than 3 weeks I would wait and ask her. But here goes nothing:

I have a sore spot in the crease of my bottom (not on the anus) could this be a hemorrhoid? It's at the top though. My underwear have been really bothering me for the past few days and I just noticed the area tonight. 

Now, I'm that girl with the nasty hemorrhoid question. lol But seriously, I would appreciate your input because I know NOTHING about them. I didn't have them with my previous pregnancy either. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A question I NEVER thought I'd ask.

• I'm up this late for no good reason.  I need sleep, darnit!

But to answer your question, I think - generally - if your sphincter isn't sore, you don't have a little "extra" sticking out of there, and if you don't have any blood in your stool, I don't think it's a hemorrhoid.  I sometimes get them (actually, I haven't had a single one since I got pregnant... weird TMI, sorry) and it's always that I have a little bit "extra" sticking out of my butt.  Sometimes it'll throb like blood is pulsing through it - it is part of my body.

I could be wrong, because I'm only imagining where it would be.  I won't ask you super TMI questions, but if you're wearing underwear that would normally touch that area, I would switch to one with more of a seat to keep from aggravating it some more.  I don't really know what it would be.  Do you remember banging against something? 

Hemorrhoids SUCK a millionfold.  I'm so glad I'm not getting them right now... knock on wood.  Watch, I'll get one tomorrow morning.

Army Girl, been in since Feb 2003 married to an Army Man, in since 1990. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • mtestonmteston member

lol. Thanks for the advice. =) I guess I should switch to my "granny panties" as my husband likes to call them! I tried to look at it but it was in the bathroom mirror... It's like right where the crack begins. Idk.. it feels like a bruise kind of but its a red area.

Maybe my butt is just sore from sitting on it all day..lol jk..

I hope you don't get any during your pregnancy or after! I googled pics and HOLY TOLEDO batman that looks like it hurts! Which is also why I'm not sure either because they were all on the sphincter and my whatever it is, isn't. 

• Loading the player...
  • Gosh, there is just no nice way to say this... are you referring to the top of your crack, like below your lower back? Right where the crack begins?

If so- I had issues with this previously & think it was just skin stretching back there, I had it pre-pregnancy too actually on occasion. It's definitely not a hemmorhoid if that's what you're referring to- for me, it was just my skin stretching out, it would get a little red & felt like a paper cut in my "top crack" as DH & I jokingly referred to it.

That's such TMI on my part, I really apologize haha!! Embarrassed

The best solution I can offer is to put some neosporin on it, and go cotton granny panty to let it breathe. HTH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well if you can't ask perfect strangers on the internet, who can you ask? LOL

This sounds like a condition that I jokingly called "swamp butt" on a camping trip I was on.  It was insanely hot and we were sweating and chaffing all day long, and I got this painful - red- itchy- sore in that exact location.  It was not a hemorrhoid. Its too high up for that.  Basically, this is gross so Im sorry, but being sweaty and the skin chaffing there caused it.  Wear large cotton underwear, and a skirt, or loose pants/shorts so that the area can get some air (don't wear tights or tight pants) and use some cream and baby powder to keep the area dry.  It will clear up and go away.  

• ...Sounds like a pimple to meeee...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Maybe TMI...

After I had my son I got a horrible red mark on the outside of my vag. It was irritated and started to hurt to walk. I went to the OB and the NP said it was just irritated becaue of all the excess moisture from the delivery (although I ended up with a c-section I still had a good deal of labor) and that the best thing was to keep it dry and to put hydrocortisone on it. Also, to use very good pads with a dry-weave cover.

I would blow the area dry gently after my shower, apply the cream and used much better pads and wore big grannie panties. Within a few days it was much better.

I am wondering if this what you are describing also but that it is in another location. I like the "swamp butt" idea because that does sound to me like what happened to you and what happened to me at the time. Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had this exact same problem last week.  There was nothing there, I used a mirror, it was just sore.  It went away, it could have been stretching or irritation from a thong.  WTH is my ass stretching I'd like to know!!!!!
  • Lambie.Lambie. member
    Is it just sore or is there a bump?  It could be a pilonidal cyst.
  • I had a sore crack/butt for a few weeks, but it seems to have healed it's self.  I really only noticed it after working 12 hour shifts.  I could not see anything in the mirror other than a little external irritation. I also thought it was a hemorrhoid but it wasn't.  I just put some zinc oxide cream (diaper cream) on it and it felt better.
  • imagebluerevolution9:

Well if you can't ask perfect strangers on the internet, who can you ask? LOL

This sounds like a condition that I jokingly called "swamp butt" on a camping trip I was on.  It was insanely hot and we were sweating and chaffing all day long, and I got this painful - red- itchy- sore in that exact location.  It was not a hemorrhoid. Its too high up for that.  Basically, this is gross so Im sorry, but being sweaty and the skin chaffing there caused it.  Wear large cotton underwear, and a skirt, or loose pants/shorts so that the area can get some air (don't wear tights or tight pants) and use some cream and baby powder to keep the area dry.  It will clear up and go away.  

this is EXACTLY what I was thinking. People can get this, and it's kind of like a heat spot. I get it right in my groin crease (where my underwear sits) on one side. Its from excess mositure. It can happen anywhere that the skin sits on other skin (bum, under boobs, groin, if you have belly rolls etc) I have a cream now (Lotriderm) and my mom who gets it too, says after a shower to use the blow dryer (not on hot) and make sure the skin is really dry. (I know, blow drying your ass may be a little strange, but it works). The cream is great and it goes away fast. Talk to your Dr, or you could always go to a clinic and get some cream. It's normal. I would think that with pregnancy, and the stretching, it would be more common. Hope this helps.

• Hemorrhoids are at your anus and/or inside of your butt hole (to put it plainly). From what you're describing, this is too far up to be a hemorrhoid. However, maybe hemorrhoid cream with pain reliever/Lidocaine might help with some of that discomfort.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • imageashleyr87:
    ...Sounds like a pimple to meeee...

I was thinking ingrown hair

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mtestonmteston member

Haha, I almost died laughing at some of these! Thanks Ladies! 

From what I could see in the mirror it didn't look like a pimple or a boil. The area is just red. Maybe I'll check it out again today...It's not right at the top, it's on the inside of my "crack" maybe 1/2 inch from where it starts. Idk, it's annoying though. BUT I got my granny panties on girls! I'm sure DH will LOVE that! =) 

• I have been getting pimple like sores in my crease too. Ofcourse, mine is from the friction of wearing a thong and my now larger cheeks, lol. I've just been to damn tired to go to the store to get new panties. Not sure if maybe your panties are rubbing. Or if it is more like chaffing from friction between your cheeks. I would say try an ointment or powder for that area and see if that helps clear it up. Then ask your dr at your appointment.
  • Are you still wearing a thong?  First...wow...second, I know sometimes when I have worn a thong that was either a little snug or had a weird thong part, it would aggravate my butt hole and almost chafe or cut it.  You may need to stop with the thong.  Also, it definitely doesn't sound like a hemorrhoid.  (From someone who gets them from time to time.)  Sounds more like irritation or a fissure.  That can come from either wiping too much or too hard, straining when pooping, or if things got a little...let's say....intense with significant other.

I would keep an eye on it but it sounds like it'll go away in a few days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"