Pregnant after IF
Options

NPAIFR - had anyone driven the california coast?

we are going to cali in june for a wedding and decided to drive from orange county up to san francisco. i heard the drive from santa barbara to san fran is long and very windy. heard it was scary =/ 

anyone driven it? how long would it take? we calculated and it said 5.5 hrs but i am thinking with the windy road and slow drive it could easily double? DH wants to stop a few times for pics, etc... 

TIA 

::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
IUI 1,2,3 BFN
IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NPAIFR - had anyone driven the california coast?

• Options

SCARY SLOW AND ON THE EDGE WITHOUT A GUARD RAIL. . .but pretty if you can ignore all that.

DH and I drove all of Hwy 1 during part of our honeymoon in '08.  If you're not afraid of heights-- I say go for it.  If you are. . .well. . . . eek! 

My Story and Blog:
    The Conception Craze

1/2009- TTTC
    After 7 rounds of clomid and HcG, Three failed IUI's with an ectopic pregnancy, two shots of methotrextate, ER visits, breaks, low (3%) morphology One IVF cycle (lupron, gonal-F) that ended in another ectopic, more methotrexate, A Lap to disconnect both tubes, remove endo and a hydrosalphinx, . . .we are finally expecting TWINS from FET#1!
    1.11. 2011: Beginning FET cycle!
    3.11.11- FET! (DH's birthday!) 2 blasts transfered!
    3.20.11- BETA #1 BFP!!! 272! (9dp5dt)
    3.23.11- BETA #2 1346!!! (12dp5dt)
    4.8.11- U/S #1. . TWINS!!! . . .TWO BOYS!
    9.10.11-My beautiful Boys arrive unexpectedly at 28 weeks, 6 days. imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

• Options
    It says we are on inside of curve since we are driving north. I hope so because I am terrified of heights!!!!!

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes!  It isn't scary.  I think it'll take you 10 hours if you stop and take pictures, etc.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

It's a beautiful drive. You should allow plenty of time to stop for pictures. I would recommend stopping at Hearst Castle if you have time, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and take a short hike to the waterfall, Big Sur, Monterey, Carmel and 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach.

Oh, and there's a place to stop in San Simeon area to watch the elephant seals that's worth seeing.

I agree with kimarino, I would allow a whole day, leaving OC very early in the morning before traffic and get to SF by dinnertime. 

TTC Since 01/09
    Unexplained IF
    Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
    IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
    FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
    IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
    FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls!!! We are actually spending a day and night in Santa Barbara so we will leave SB early and head towards San Fran. Anything we must do in San Fran?

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

• Options
    I've always wanted to do this but maybe not now..sounds too scary!
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJune0609:

It's a beautiful drive. You should allow plenty of time to stop for pictures. I would recommend stopping at Hearst Castle if you have time, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and take a short hike to the waterfall, Big Sur, Monterey, Carmel and 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach.

Oh, and there's a place to stop in San Simeon area to watch the elephant seals that's worth seeing.

I agree with kimarino, I would allow a whole day, leaving OC very early in the morning before traffic and get to SF by dinnertime.?

This exactly! I live in Capitola, CA...which is on the coast right by Santa Cruz. Hwy 1 isn't too bad....the only time I've been scared is in heavy fog. I hope it is sunny for you -- if so, you'll get some amazing photos!

TTC since 8/09
    DX: PCO, ENDO, High NK, MTHFR
    8/10 = Lap to remove Endo

2 Femara TI, 3 Follistim IUI = BFN & 1 c/p
    IVF #1 - BFP - boy/girl Twins!

Ben and Reese born at 34w2d!
  • Options
    You will LOVE it! I hope it is a nice, sunny day for you. We drove it in a truck pulling a 35 foot camper, so you will be fine!! :)
    Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input ladies! Sure hope it's sunny!! If there is fog I will beg DH to take a diff route! I freaked out when we went to Big Bear and it snowed like crazy when we drove down that windy mountain!! I'm a Houston girl, I am used to hot sunny days and flat land!!

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"