May 2011 Moms

37 week appt. First cervic exame!

so excited, 37.2 weeks along, appt today..... 1cm, and 75% efffaced, and doc said babys head is where it needs to be, and he can feel it :) i know that alot of women get stuck at a certain point dialtion wise, but what about effacment? does that make a difference in how soon i might deliever? anyone get this far effaced and then deliever shortly after? any hope he will come soon?

Re: 37 week appt. First cervic exame!

• That's very exciting!  I just had my 38 wk appt on Monday and I am 3 cm and 100% effaced.  Doc thinks I will deliver this week, but said it was possible (pretty rare) that he may see me next Monday for my 39 wk appt.  Anything is possible I guess!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At my 37 week appt, I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  Today, at my 38 week appt, I am exactly the same.  Sooo...who knows.  We've gone on walks, had sex, and I've gotten a pedicure and foot massage.  But baby will come when he is ready!
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't want to burst your bubble - at 34 weeks I was 1cm/70% effaced, at 35 weeks I was 3cm/70% effaced.  Each week it's been unchanged - I go back in tomorrow.

I do admit I had a short cervix to begin with, though, but I've been dilated for a month now and still preggers, lol.

• Woo Hoo

I had my 37 week appt yesterday (at 36.5 weeks) and I am 1.5 cm's and 50% effaced. You beat me! :)

• I am now 39 weeks and at my 36 week appointment I was 3cm and 80%effaced. They told me since I am a first time mother it would be any day now. At my 38 week appointment I was 5cm and 100% effaced. Everyone swore I would deliver if not that day in the next few days. Well I am still here. There really is no way to tell when the baby will arrive.
  • i say any progress is good progress!  congrats!
  • It means as much as anything else... Not a lot. My friend was 100% effaced for 3 weeks, and finally delivered 4 days late. It could mean you go into labor soon, or in weeks. No way to know or predict.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • at my 37 week appt my cervix was still thick and long  :(

you soooo have me beat :P

• hey ladies quick update, first thanks for your responses! i know that progress is good, but progress is also pain! my newest post explains it all! hahha, trying to laugh about it anyway...
  • At my 37 week appt., I wasn't dilated or anything! I know it means practically nothing, but it still would be nice to know that /something/ was happening. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"