North Carolina Babies
Options

Poll: DC's hair

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut?

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so?

3. For girls--bangs or no bangs?

4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories?

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc)

6. How did you wear your hair as a child?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Poll: DC's hair

• Options

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? No. I've only trimmed her bangs

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so? I'm contemplating it soon, because she kind of has a mullet. But I know doing so will probably take her curls away. :-(

3. For girls--bangs or no bangs? Bangs. DH gets DD ready for school. Not having bangs would require him fixing her hair (to keep it out of her face), with a bow or barrette or something. He barely remembers to brush it. So yeah, bangs were our only option. LOL. I think they suit her well. :)

4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories? only on weekends, when I'm home to fix it (see above). I will put it in pigtails, or put in a felt hair clip that I made. She's not really a frilly bow kind of girl.

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) Probably short-ish (I think she'd look adorable with a bob), with bangs. I'm not sure I want to deal with long hair, but we'll see.

6. How did you wear your hair as a child? With bangs, all the way down my back. Until like 3rd grade when I got this god-awful layered cut. LOL...

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? yes too many.  I'm too scared to do it myself.

2. If so, how old were they? 4 months and he gets one very 2-3 months

3. For girls--bangs or no bangs? n/a

4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories? n/a

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) we had it cut a little too short this last time b/c he had a major fit but usually just short.

6. How did you wear your hair as a child? My hair was always long and I think bangs and my mom would style it.  She would make us cry she would pull our hair so tight! OUCH!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? Yes, twice

2. If so, how old were they? His first cut was at 21 months. I just trimmed it again myself last month.

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) I want his hair to be a longer boy cut. (Not like Justin Bieber!) But I don't want him to have a buzz cut.

6. How did you wear your hair as a child? It was usually short, in a bob with bangs.

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? yes, i think about 3 or 4 times total now.

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so? When he was about 18 months old he got his first one. And he's had I think 2 or 3 since.

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) I like his hair how it is where its a lil longer and sometimes it curls up or flips a lil. I just love it when its a lil longer on him.

6. How did you wear your hair as a child? mine was usually a bob length and I never really had bangs either.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cmbrowncmbrown member

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut?  Nope

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so?  Not sure.  We may even it out a little in the next year or so.

3. For girls--bangs or no bangs?  No bangs.

4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories?  Every day.  I always put her hair back in a ponytail or a little up in the front.  Have to with her hair.

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc)  Long for a while, maybe get it cut shorter when she's 4 or so?

6. How did you wear your hair as a child?  Long, and short.  It was long til I was about 4, then cut I think?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? Connor - his first 2 haircuts were done in a salon.  I didn't like the cuts so I've cut his hair ever since. Naomi - no hair cut yet

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so? Connor - he was just over a year old I think. Naomi - not any time soon!

3. For girls--bangs or no bangs? eh, doesn't really matter

4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories? I just started putting bows in her hair. I hope she keeps letting me, they are too cute!!

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) Connor - I had him wear it a little long for a good while.  I like the "surfer" look on him.  But he hates it in his eyes so I keep it shorter now.  I really don't care how he wears it as long as it's brushed.  Naomi - I would like for her to wear it longish if that's what she wants.

6. How did you wear your hair as a child? My hair was always long.  Long and straight.  I did get a perm for a couple of summers - BAD decision! But for the most part it was just long and straight.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Options
    1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? Got his first "real" haircut this past Friday, 1 week shy of 20 months old. He was starting to sport a curly mullet and that just isn't the look I'm going for for my child! :) They gave him a bit of shaggy cut so his curls are still in tack.2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so?1 week shy of 20 months3. For girls--bangs or no bangs? N/A4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories? N/A5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) I'll keep it a little longer until he starts kindergarden I think6. How did you wear your hair as a child? LONG. Really long. 
  • Options

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? No

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so? Probably before Pre-School starts in Sept, or sometime in the summer.

3. For girls--bangs or no bangs? No bangs.

4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories? Every day/ and night she sleeps with it up.

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as you'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc). I would love to chop it into a bob like Hughes said, but right now her hair is really cute, it is long and the bottom curls naturally into ringlets and everyone always compliments us on it.

6. How did you wear your hair as a child? My mom kept it above my shoulders sometimes with bangs/ sometimes without. I don't think I had real bangs past 7th grade. My mom hates long hair/hair down. Even today she always tells us (3 daughters) to get our hair cut short.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut?  No.

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so?  I have no idea.

3. For girls--bangs or no bangs? She has bangs, but they're growing out.  Right now, they're almost to her nose.  They have to be pulled back.  I'm thinking we'll keep growing them out and see how we like it.

4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories?  Her bangs have got to be pulled back or they'll be in her face so she always at least has a ponytail holder in.  I usually stick a bow in her hair, but we spend less than a minute on her hair.  I should probably do pig tails or a ponytail more often, but I'm normally in a rush.

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc)  I have no idea.  I think the bob cuts are so cute, but then again so is long hair.  I haven't really decided.  Right now, she has adorable curls in the back and I'm just not ready to get rid of those.  I figure they'll be gone forever once they're cut so I'll probably just stick to long hair until I'm ready to cut it.

6. How did you wear your hair as a child?  Long hair with no bangs until about 7 and then my mom thought I should get it cut short and perm it.  Add HUGE glasses to that and it's the recipe for horrendous school pics.  I, however, was oblivious and thought my look was very cool.  Ignorance is bliss, I guess.  LOL.

• Options

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut?  If by real you mean, at a salon, then no.  I trimmed him for the first time around 6 months.  I gave him his first big cut with the clippers just after a year.  I sometimes trim him with clippers, and sometimes use the hair scissors when I don't want him to have the short buzzed look.  We mainly "buzz" for the summer months.  His hair is so thick and grows so quickly, I cut it about once a month.  I did it myself at first because I didn't think he'd sit still at a salon, but now I've just gotten used to it. Hopefully it looks okay LOL.

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so? See above

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) n/a - I keep his hair short

6. How did you wear your hair as a child?  Pigtails! :)  I loved long hair as a child, never wanted to cut it.

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? Yes, she had an awesome rat tail going on. She didn't cut and length, just evened it out.

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so? Shortly after her 1st birthday.

3. For girls--bangs or no bangs? no bangs

4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories? every day...she looks like a hot mess if I don't do something with her hair

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) I think I'm going to get it cut shoulder length sometime this summer. Bless her heart, she got my thin, stringy hair and as much as I love long hair on little girls, it's just not possible with our hair!

6. How did you wear your hair as a child?  I had a lovely bowl cut (literally- my mom's friend cut my hair by putting a bowl on it and trimming around the bowl) until I was maybe 3, then I just had bangs and medium length hair from there on out! I didn't grow out my bangs until high school.
  • Options
    1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? yes - once

2. If so, how old were they? 15 months old - he was starting to look like Phil Collins - business in the front and a party in the back

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) just short hopefully, though DH did have hair that was down to his shoulderblades when he was a teenager, so that might be a "bad" influence

6. How did you wear your hair as a child? It was in some kind of weird bowl cut when I was really young (with bangs). By the time I got to 2nd grade, it had grown halfway down my back and I had long layered bangs.

• Options
    narknark member

1. Has your DC had a "real" haircut? No - hasn't had enough to warrant one!

2. If so, how old were they? If not, when do you plan on doing so? Soon

3. For girls--bangs or no bangs? Not sure. Haven't had to deal with that yet.

4. For girls--how often does your DD wear bows or other hair accessories? About half the time

5. How do you plan to have your DC wear their hair as long as your'e able to control it? (long, short, a particular cut/style, etc) Not sure...maybe long if it every grows! Right now the very back actually reaches past her shoulders when wet, but it's super curly in the back and curls up above the nape of her neck when it dries.

6. How did you wear your hair as a child? I had a bowl cut - same as my brother. I clearly remember a boy asking about the "new boy on the team" when I joined t-ball. Scarred me for life. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"