November 2011 Moms
Options

baby nicknames?

Just curious as to what everyone calls their tiny LOs.  Ours is 'bean' Big Smile
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baby nicknames?

• Options
    Puck.  We are big hockey fans and DH also loves Shakespeare.
  • Options
    Babays.  Pronounced Bay-Bays and usually followed with major enunciation of the 's'...although not always.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cletus the Fetus, I know its weird
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJacquelineTyler:

LOL love it!

• Options
    Just the "babies" or the "twins" most of the time.
  • Options
    Liz1485Liz1485 member

imageJacquelineTyler:

I might have to steal that one. I've been calling it It.

• Options
    Our little "turkey". DH bought me a Mother-to-be card for Mother's Day and thanked me on the inside for carrying around our little turkey. It made me cry like a baby.
  • Options
    Baby.  Or It, lol.  On an earlier post I saw someone saying Butterball, which I thought was adorable, esp. for us Nov Moms!
  • Options
    Our little linebacker because DH is convinced it's a boy but deep down we both really think it's a girl.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jellybean. 
  • Options

I have been sticking to gummy bear because of our first ultrasound at 9w3d - just stubby arms and legs and a really big head.

• Options
    imageLiz1485:

imageJacquelineTyler:

Steal away Liz Big Smile

• Options
    haha we call it "sticky baby"!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    we usually refer to LO as "baby bear" (i don't know where we came up with it) or baby cohen.. because i'm convinced its a boy and that will be his name if i'm right :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We've been calling LO Sam since we got the BFP, we wanted a gender neutral name that kept us from calling the baby "it". 
  • Options
    Jimmer.  We were watching the BYU basketball game when we told my parents about the pregnancy and so my dad started calling him Jimmer...it stuck!  Not sure what we'll do if we find out it's a girl though...maybe Jimmerette?!  We're not telling the names we picked out since I didn't really want to find out the gender at all so it's a compromise so I can at least have something secret between us!  
  • Options
    When we found out we were pregnant the baby was a size of a poppy seed....so the name stuck and we have called it poppy ever since!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    The blob!
  • Options

imageJacquelineTyler:

I started calling it Cletus the Fetus, now it has been shortened to Cletus. Even our family asks about "cletus."

• Options
    We call the baby Obi Wan because I hated saying it.
  • Options
    Liz1485Liz1485 member
    imageJacquelineTyler:
    imageLiz1485:

imageJacquelineTyler:

Steal away Liz Big Smile

I told DH about it (We joked about naming a baby Cletus before considering getting PG) and he thought it was too funny. Then he suggested Ricky-O the embryo lol. His favorite movie is The Legend o Ricky-O.

• Options
    I usually call they baby Peanut.  DH is already referring to the baby as Jackson - our boy name.  I keep telling him hes gonna give the baby a complex if its a girl. 
  • Options

LOL! I love so many of these.

Ours is the "Bouncing Bean" :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We call ours "the blueberry" and my brother & sister have endearingly begun calling it "the Blueb".

Baby was the size of a blueberry during my first ultrasound, so when I told my family, I kept saying "its the size of a blueberry in that picture!"  That's where they got it from! <3

• Options
    I've noticed i've been calling ours " the wee one". Or just baby.
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is BOB (baby on board).  Hoping for a boy, but actually just hoping for healthy and happy (not to mention sticky for 9 months)
    "Read the books, don
  • Options
    we call it Baby A (because our last name begins with an A) or lil Angel

• Options

imagemeganjoey0728:
    When we found out we were pregnant the baby was a size of a poppy seed....so the name stuck and we have called it poppy ever since!

OMG!!! US TOO!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The nickname we use the most is turkey.  We have another one that needs explaining.  It is ketchup.  DH's nickname is Tator, my family (due to height) dubed me Tot at our wedding so the three of us are Tator Tot with Ketchup.
  • Options
    Sweet Pea, or SP. We told my mom when I was around 7 weeks, when the baby was the size of a sweet pea. The name stuck!
  • Options

I tried Peanut but DH didnt like it.  He calls the baby tummy and I call it Baby.  We call my SIL's baby Popcorn (she wanted something non gender specific)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We call it Rango because we went to see that movie the night that we found out that we were expecting. I'm dying to find out the sex so that we can call it by its real name though! Big Smile
  • Options

I personally call the baby "Peanut".  I referred to the baby as "my little peanut" on an online forum and the name stuck.

In public, I've really just stick to "the baby" or "the kid"....I tried to introduce the name "Peanut" to DH and he gave me a weird stare.  But when I talk to the baby it's always "Hiya Peanut!"  I'll probably start using the nickname in public more often once I start feeling movement ("OW!  Peanut's kicking my ribs!").

My sister calls Peanut "my little niece"...she's convinced I'm carrying a girl.

• Options
    lamcoxlamcox member

Blueberry or Cherry Berry.  It was the size of a blueberry (or so the bump says) when we found out I was pregnant, and it's stuck ever since.  Sometimes we call it gummibear because it looked just like a gummibear in the ultrasound pictures at 9w4d.

I love Cletus the Fetus!!!

• Options
    We have been calling ours Nugget. We call each other Poo or Poopy for nicknames (not sure how it started). So baby is Nugget. I guess it's better than dingleberry or turd! LOL
  • Options
    We call ours Sea Monkey or (please don't hit me) Our Little Parasite, affectionately of course Stick out tongue

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • Options
    pghjenpghjen member
    We call it our little turkey or butterball because I am due so close to Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    imageCherylleann:
    The nickname we use the most is turkey.  We have another one that needs explaining.  It is ketchup.  DH's nickname is Tator, my family (due to height) dubed me Tot at our wedding so the three of us are Tator Tot with Ketchup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"