Cloth Diapering

Need insert recs

I'm looking to replace some of the 6r soakers that came with my RaR dipes. They are getting pretty thin.  

I have one 6r Hemp Soaker- it just seems really rough, hard, and crinkled.  It seems to absorb moisture really well, just hard to lay out flat and stuff into the pocket.  Is that how Hemp gets with use?  Am I supposed to only line dry Hemp or can I put it in the dryer?

I was looking at the Happy Heiny Stuffins.  I like how they are contoured and seem pretty thin.  Right now, we are only using the newborn part of the 6r which is contoured and would like to stay with that shape since she is so small.

I've read through the suggestions on the excel sheet from this board already and they were pretty helpful.  Was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out if I should go with Hemp (am I doing something wrong to make it so stiff) or just stick with Microfiber?  Also, would love any other suggestions of thin or contoured inserts to stuff in all of my RaR dipes.  

Thanks!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need insert recs

• Yes, you can put hemp in the dryer.  If your inserts are getting really rough, you might want to track down some Ecover (CD-friendly fabric softener) and do a soak in that.  I usually add it to the last rinse, though you could do a half hour or even overnight for really rough items.  Just don't use it on PUL.  I bought mine at Whole Foods, if that helps.

I haven't tried the Happy Heiney's, so I can't offer an opinion there.  I know a lot of people on this board like AFFFs (Artsy Fartsy Foo Foo hemp inserts off Hyena Cart), though I think those are pretty large.  If you have a sewing machine and want to go cheap, I'd actually recommend buying a yard of bamboo hemp fleece from Nature's Fabrics and sewing up some two-layer inserts.  Just remember they'll shrink when you wash them.

In general, hemp tends to be trimmer than microfiber, so if you want to minimize bulk you're probably better off going with hemp.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the info.  I guess I'll look more into Hemp inserts as long as I know that I can dry them like microfiber.  Thanks!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"