Detroit Babies

Any cloth diaper stores in the Detroit area?

I was at the Green Street Fair today in Plymouth and was very disappointed to not see any cloth diaper or kid focused shopping tents there.  :(
Lovin' Life: M+D 7/06, T 1/08, B 5/10
Getting back to it- my diet and exercise blog
Losing it...Without Losing it

Re: Any cloth diaper stores in the Detroit area?

• Yes, there is one in Ferndale, right on 9 mile called "Modern Natural Baby" (used to be called No pins required." It's a really cool store.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We CD. There actually are quite a lot of people in the area that do.  Just because there aren't a ton of brick a mortar stores, doesn't mean there's not a large CD community.

We love Modern Natural Baby (formerly No Pins Required) in Ferndale. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • awesome ladies!! Thank you. We've been cding forever now (started with #1 up until he went to a daycare that wouldnt use them, then started up again with #2 until they wouldn't work anymore!)  I'm hoping to find a brick and mortar store to help me remedy the problem. I've tried it all but nothing seems to help.  My next step is to spend a decent naptime scrubbing the heck out of my diapers with a brush.  blah
  • imageMere7706:
    awesome ladies!! Thank you. We've been cding forever now (started with #1 up until he went to a daycare that wouldnt use them, then started up again with #2 until they wouldn't work anymore!)  I'm hoping to find a brick and mortar store to help me remedy the problem. I've tried it all but nothing seems to help.  My next step is to spend a decent naptime scrubbing the heck out of my diapers with a brush.  blah

What have you tried so far to fix it? What exactly is the issue?

• All of my BGs and maybe my other OS diapers are repelling terribly.  T (ds1) originally went to a daycare that allowed cds but the lady put a ton of diaper cream-- cd safe cream-- on him a few times and seems like we had issues starting then. 

I've stripped with Dawn multiple times, soaked in RnG twice, and thought about just chucking them :( 

• Are you doing a hot wash? Maybe turn your hot water eater up so the water is super super HOT. Baking soda ad vinegar?
  • Yes. I even boiled a few large pans of water and dumped it in the wash, and rinsed like heck too.  I haven't tried the baking soda or vinegar... what would you suggest I do with that?
  • Do you ladies have any links for CDing?  I have gone back and forth about wanting to try them.  DD goes to daycare that won't CD but she is only there one to two days a week anyways...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMere7706:
    Yes. I even boiled a few large pans of water and dumped it in the wash, and rinsed like heck too.  I haven't tried the baking soda or vinegar... what would you suggest I do with that?

You add baking soda to the soak, rinse until there are no more bubbles, and put vinegar in the last rinse cycle. 

Also, I have heard that OxiClean works sometimes too.  Try one to two scoops in your VERY hot wash and, rinse until there are no more bubbles.

• imageHiggyFan42:
    Do you ladies have any links for CDing?  I have gone back and forth about wanting to try them.  DD goes to daycare that won't CD but she is only there one to two days a week anyways...

The cloth diaper board is great. Lurk for a little while and you can find answers to pretty much any question you have. They also have a FAQ link at the top which has general info. 

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me and I'll see if I can help you out. 

• imageKBabySmiles:

imageHiggyFan42:
    Do you ladies have any links for CDing?  I have gone back and forth about wanting to try them.  DD goes to daycare that won't CD but she is only there one to two days a week anyways...

The cloth diaper board is great. Lurk for a little while and you can find answers to pretty much any question you have. They also have a FAQ link at the top which has general info. 

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me and I'll see if I can help you out. 

Cool!  I will check them out.  I'm just a little intimidated to start the whole process.  I'll see how it goes once I do some more research.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageREM33:
    Yes, there is one in Ferndale, right on 9 mile called "Modern Natural Baby" (used to be called No pins required." It's a really cool store.

I love this store.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"