Restaurants Suggestions — The Bump
Columbus Babies

Restaurants Suggestions

Hi, I'm a Cincinnati Bumpie who has 4 year old twins.  We're headed up to Columbus for a weekend in a couple weeks and I wanted to know if you all had suggestions for restaurants appropriate for two four year olds.  We're looking for non-chain, good food.  I lived in Columbus a *long* time ago and I was thinking Cap City Diner might fit the bill, but I was hoping for some additional choices.  DH and I are foodies and the the girls will eat about anything.  Obviously, we want to stay away from fine dining because we don't want to bother people with our kids, but we still want interesting food.  Thanks for your help!
imageCharlotte Corinne and Evelyn Sophia- 2/15/07image

Re: Restaurants Suggestions

• Scali in Reynoldsburg has the best italian that I have ever had. It's kind of a hole in the wall, but it's the only italian place my husband will go now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cap City is awesome! Always a good choice. You also have City Barbeque (which is much more casual), Carsonies (INCREDIBLE calzones and meatball sliders) and Rusty Bucket (kids meals served on frisbees!). Those are some of the best ones I can think of.

What part of town will you be in?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all the suggestions! 

We'll be downtown, but we're willing to drive a bit for a good place.  

imageCharlotte Corinne and Evelyn Sophia- 2/15/07image
  • If your going to be downtown I suggest visiting German Village and it's great restaurants. Schmidt's Sausage Haus on Kossuth, for breakfast go to First Watch on High near Livingston or the German Village Coffee House on Thurman Ave., there is Planks Bier Garten (the best pizza) on High and Whittier and of course you can't go wrong with visiting Katzinger's Delicatessen located on 3rd and Livingston or the Brown Bag Deli on Mohawk and Whittier, and don't forget Thurman's Cafe the best wings and burgers the largest of any restaurant I have ever been to and the best located on Thurman Ave.

Schmidt's and Thurmans Cafe both featured on Man vs. Food a couple of years ago.

• Our favorites :::

Old Bag of Nails @ Bexley or Gahanna very family oriented

On the Border @ Easton very family oriented

Schmits @ German Village excellent recommendation PP, very family oriented

Genjis Japanese Steakhouse on 2045 Brice Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068, very family oriented but have limited times they are open.  Monday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Tuesday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Wednesday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday 11:00am - 10:30pm, Saturday 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday 11:00am - 8:30pm (They cook the food in front of you on a big fire pit) Great experience.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards