Baby Names
Options

Formal/long name for Finn?

I really love the name Finn paired with the mn Alexander but I know people rarely go by their whole name or first and middle. When I think of just Finn and our last name I think it sounds a bit boring so we are considering a long name and just using Finn as a nn. Thoughts?

[Poll]
Started TTC in 2/09. Dx with PCOS in 09/09. BFP on 11/7/09.
Dx with Ectopic on 12/7/09. Laparoscopy, D&C, and lost my left tube on 12/08/09.
01/11 = BFP!
Finnegan Alexander born 9/25/11 via emergency c-section

Re: Formal/long name for Finn?

• Options

I don't really like any of the long versions of Finn, but I love Finn LOL

GL :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Finn is a perfectly respectable name all by its onesie. 

All I can think of for the first option is "There was an old man named Michael Finnegan, he grew whiskers on his chinegan. One fell out and grew back in again. Poor old Michael Finnegan, begin again."

It's an old song, though. So, he may never hear it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the name, but of those options, I like Finn as a stand-alone best. If you were set on a longer version, you could also consider Phineas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ames71ames71 member
    My favorites are Finnegan and Phineas. Finley is used often for girls now, so that's a no for me. I do think Finn on its own is fine?particularly if you have at least a two-syllable last name.

• Options
    lelekaylelekay member
    I like Phinnaeus, nn Finn.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really don't like finnegan, name reminds me of my nausea meds... But i love just finn
  • Options
    We're probably naming our son Griffin, and I'll probably call him Finn for short :)
  • Options
    What about Finbar?
  • Options

imageIheartweddings123:
    We're probably naming our son Griffin, and I'll probably call him Finn for short :)

love this idea!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CTri17CTri17 member
    I don't like the long ones but if you just plan on having him go by finn I like Finnegan best
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options

imagelelekay:
    I like Phinnaeus, nn Finn.

This. But I feel that Finn could stand on its own if you prefer. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Options
    BFab11BFab11 member
    I like Phinnaeus or Griffin as full names, LOVE the NN Finn!
  • Options
    Ditto Phineas, though now that it is the name of a Disney show, it may always have that connotation for that generation.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options

I don't mind Finley, but please don't spell it with two "n"s.  Finley should be spelled with one n only.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagereannegummer:

I don't mind Finley, but please don't spell it with two "n"s.  Finley should be spelled with one n only.

Agreed. And you could also do Finlay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"