1st Trimester

When do you start getting more hungry?

I know you're only supposed to gain a few pounds during the first trimester but when do you start feeling more hungry than usual.  I'm just 5 weeks and 4 days and fortunately no morning sickness yet but no changes in appetite either.  Will it hit suddenly and I'll start to want to devour everything in sight?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When do you start getting more hungry?

• For me, the endless hunger started around week 15 or 16. Before that, it was normal eating habits (well whatever I didn't have an aversion to). But now, I could eat all day long and not fill that hunger pain. Of course, I don't, but it is tempting.

As far as not changes in appetite and no m/s...you are still only 5 weeks. I got my m/s around 7 weeks and it lasted until the 2nd trimestesr kicked in.

Not everyone gets the ravenous hunger. Some people will find that they eat a little bit more, but it is not because they ares tarving all the time. I will say that in my experience it only took a few days to go from normal eating habits to being ridiculously hungry all the time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am at 5 weeks and my appetite started increasing about a week ago. I also find myself eating a little faster too. I am trying to counter my increased appetite with exercise.

Jewels

** Our TTC Journey Blog **

** Our Pregnancy Blog ** 

TTC for over 3 years. After several infertility treatments, we received our first BFP!! :)

image' rel="nofollow">image
  • Loading the player...
  • For the past week I have woken up starving. If I don't eat roughly every 3 hours I get nauseated.

Becky: Mother to John Barrett 10/9/2007, Evan 3/19/2010, and sweet pea 12/23/2011 image BabyFruit Ticker Graphics http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5147/5577181999_cafa515c27_m.jpg

• Your appetite will probably drop first.  At least, mine did.   MS started at week 7, and quickly after that I pretty much completely lost my appetite....it was so miserable to be hungry but not want to eat anything!  It's picked up a little bit now,  but I still have aversions to most things.  But at least I don't feel like I have to force feed myself to eat anymore.      I'm not quite 10 weeks yet, but I'm hoping the aversions will pass and I'll be hungrier in the second trimester.  A friend of mine said sometime around 12 weeks she just suddenly woke up one day and was ravenous.
    ~*Kimberly*~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • With my first my appetite decreased during 1st tri and I lost weight.  When morning sickness went away my appetite became "normal" again.  I never experienced the eating everything in sight and cravings.  The only thing I can remember is needing to eat - RIGHT NOW!  But not eating anymore than usual.  Then when I got bigger I couldn't eat very much since my stomach was so squished, it sucked. 

This time around is totally different, I'm freaking starving all the time, but I think that is because I'm breastfeeding...

• I'm kind of odd...I knew I was pregnant pretty early on and then the symptoms hit me like a bag of oranges and the ravenous hunger was one. At 5 weeks I was pretty much convinced I was starving to death. It's slowed down a little bit in the past week or two but I'm still eating more often than I normally would. Keeps the m/s at bay too so I don't have much for complaints on that...

• I had really bad MS from about week 5 until just this past weekend. Now I'm hungry all the time. I think maybe it's my body saying I need to eat since I haven't really had any desire to for about 4 weeks.
  • I was midway through week 4 when I started getting really hungry. Hasn't let up yet. I've started eating mini-meals throughout the day to keep a constant intake, but make sure I don't go overboard on calories. Now I'm nauseous and hungry at the same time... go figure.
    A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world. - John le Carre BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"