Detroit Babies

OB Troy/Royal Oak/Birmingham Area

HI! My husband and I are starting to look for an OB in the Troy/Royal Oak/Birmingham Area. We are looking to deliever at RO Beaumont due to the NICU (God forbid we need it). I've read several things on different clinics. We were reccommended three different clinics, but I am unsure of which to go with. We are looking for a doctor who will take time with us, but ultimately provide the best care. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

-Beth

"And I know that we can be so amazing And baby your love is gonna change me And now I can see every possibility Somehow I know that it

Re: OB Troy/Royal Oak/Birmingham Area

• I see Dr. Christine Matoian, she delivers at RO Beaumont. She is a High Risk (but also sees non high risk patients as well)  She is very nice and will take her time with you. When I had my ectopic in October she was very nice and very helpful, and when I got pregnant this time, they got me in as soon as I found out and have been taking lots of precautions. Everyone in the office is very friendly also, which makes it even easier.

Their website is: 

https://www.premierwomenshealth.net/

Hope this helps!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go to Generations in Birmingham, it is a practice of about 7 doctors and they rotate you through all of them during your pregnancy since whoever is on call is who will deliver your baby. I like all of the doctors and would definitely recommend the practice. They do deliver at RO Beaumont. www.myobgyn.biz
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebll530:
    I go to Generations in Birmingham, it is a practice of about 7 doctors and they rotate you through all of them during your pregnancy since whoever is on call is who will deliver your baby. I like all of the doctors and would definitely recommend the practice. They do deliver at RO Beaumont. www.myobgyn.biz

I will say the same thing about my practice, I go to Womens First, https://woman-first.com/staff.php. They are right at 13 and Woodward and deliver at RO Beaumont. The practice is all women and you rotate who you see during your pregnancy. I ended up with a planned c-section so my delivery was different then most, Dr. Moore preformed my c-section and did a wonderful job. I will say all of the doctors were great answering my questions and taking time with me, there were several appts I went in with my notepad and I had question written down.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebll530:
    I go to Generations in Birmingham, it is a practice of about 7 doctors and they rotate you through all of them during your pregnancy since whoever is on call is who will deliver your baby. I like all of the doctors and would definitely recommend the practice. They do deliver at RO Beaumont. www.myobgyn.biz

I go to Generations as well. I have had great experiences there for both my pregnancies.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • imagepeanutsmom45:

I will say the same thing about my practice, I go to Womens First, https://woman-first.com/staff.php. They are right at 13 and Woodward and deliver at RO Beaumont. The practice is all women and you rotate who you see during your pregnancy. I ended up with a planned c-section so my delivery was different then most, Dr. Moore preformed my c-section and did a wonderful job. I will say all of the doctors were great answering my questions and taking time with me, there were several appts I went in with my notepad and I had question written down.

I also go to Women First and so far have only positive things to say. They have a lab tech on site so you can have your blood drawn there instead of going to a seperate lab. And she is awesome and getting my vein on the first try (most everywhere else I go, they poke and poke at me). I haven't delivered yet but I have met all the drs and I like each of them so far. I have met with Dr. Moore the most and I LOVE her and I would be happy if she attended my delivery. But I will probably be happy with the others as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to Dr Powell, she does RO Beaumont and has offices in Birmingham & Oxford. https://www.comprehensivewomenshealth.net
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Spin313Spin313 member
    Michigan Womens Health Institute in Clawson...there are eight doctors in the practice (three women, five men) and they deliver out of RO Beaumont. My favorites are Dr Charfoos and Dr Zukman.

• imagepeanutsmom45:

imagebll530:

I go to Women First as well. I haven't delivered with them yet so I can't comment on that aspect; but they are great about answering questions and the staff are all really nice. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepeanutsmom45:

imagebll530:

I go to Women First as well. I haven't delivered with them yet so I can't comment on that aspect; but they are great about answering questions and the staff are all really nice. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello!

I recently went through the same selection process and posted on this thread - https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/49830655.aspx.  Many of the same people made recommendations but there are some extra responses and other insight as well. Thought it might help.  

I ended up going with Dr. Powell of Comprehensive Women's Health. The fact that she's doesn't belong to a practice was the biggest factor that drove me to her. She does partner with one other doctor but you see her for all of your appointments except for one when you meet her on-call doctor. Now that I've met her I really like her.  

I hope this helps!  Good luck! 

• imagembritto4:
    I go to Dr Powell, she does RO Beaumont and has offices in Birmingham & Oxford. https://www.comprehensivewomenshealth.net

Dr. Lana Powell,  I love her with my whole heart.  I have been through 3 OB's and will never switch again.  I can not give her enough praise.  Best experience I have ever had! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you everyone! We have decided to go with Generations in Birmingham for our first appoitnment. We are both excited and nervous!!
    "And I know that we can be so amazing And baby your love is gonna change me And now I can see every possibility Somehow I know that it
  • imagembritto4:
    I go to Dr Powell, she does RO Beaumont and has offices in Birmingham & Oxford. https://www.comprehensivewomenshealth.net

This is my mom and sisters doctor. They love her but she doesn't take my insurance unfortunately so I had to find someone else.
    I currently go to Dr. Patricia Larsen she works out of the RO Beaumont Medical Office building. I love her. She delivers about 85% of her patients. Which is reassuring to me because I went to a few other doctors before I found her and I got shuffled around and never saw the same doctor. I exclusively see her.  

• str8otastr8ota member

If for some reason you decide that is not the place for you I love Somerset OB (right near Somerset Collection).  I was an extremely high-risk pregnancy and spent 4 weeks at RO Beaumont where dd was born 29 weeks gestational at 1 lb 15 oz and I can't even begin to say how great all the drs at Somerset are.  We spent 4 years trying to have a baby and had 5 m/c and they stood by me the entire time (my 5th loss I spent Thanksgiving at Beaumont ER and my primary OB, Dr. Long, was calling me from his trip in FL to check on me) and even had me see MFM before we started ttc because of my medical history, very proactive.

Any you are right, RO Beaumont NICU is incredible!  They are above the national average for success rate and the staff was incredible for the 7 weeks we were there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"