Pregnant after a Loss
Options

No such thing as TMI here, right?

I figured there is no such thing as TMI here, so here's my question:

I have had a bit of diarrhea this weekend.  My diet hasn't really changed- I have been eating pretty bland food the past 3 weeks since I am nauseous 24/7.  I just had my first u/s Thur and we saw the heartbeat, but this upcoming week is when I miscarried last time (after seeing the heartbeat).  I had diarrhea the weekend I miscarried too.

So is diarrhea in pregnancy normal?  At what point should I call my dr.?

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010

Re: No such thing as TMI here, right?

• Options
    I'm no doctor, but I had some at the beginning and freaked.  Hormones changes bowl movements and mine were looser in the first trimester.  Eat more fiber to help regulate things and try not to panic too much.  Also, drink lots of water (or juice if water makes you sick) to stay hydrated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 5/30/07 M/C 8/26/10 at around 6 weeks BFP #2 10/16/10
  • Options

I don't know about normal, but its not uncommon for things to fluctuate in that dept...at least in my experience.  I've noticed that in addition to food & water intake, things like nerves and if I'm fighting a bug can also play into that. 

I think I'd call my doctor if it became bad enough that there was a concern about dehydration...or maybe if it went on for ages and I needed some relief.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually had more problems with diarrhea during the first trimester than constipation.  I think its just your body adjusting to hormones. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had it a number of times. Still do.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, unless it persists for a few days. Make sure you stay hydrated.

Water might not be enough. Gatorade, or water with a few tsps. of sugar in it will help. The glucose helps your intestines absorb more water. 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. I didn't get to experience all these symptoms with my last pregnancy so while they may seem normal for some, they seem odd for me. Thanks for all the support. Best. Board. Ever. :)
  • Options

imageKCKSarah:
    I actually had more problems with diarrhea during the first trimester than constipation.  I think its just your body adjusting to hormones. 

This. The later is just starting. I always have stomach issues when pg.

image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better, my cousin sh!t her pants 2X while pregnant. One time was on the way into the  bathroom at a Dunkin' Donuts at a rest stop.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagekathymarie:

I had it a number of times. Still do.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, unless it persists for a few days. Make sure you stay hydrated.

Water might not be enough. Gatorade, or water with a few tsps. of sugar in it will help. The glucose helps your intestines absorb more water. 

this

6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    imagekathymarie:
    If it makes you feel any better, my cousin sh!t her pants 2X while pregnant. One time was on the way into the  bathroom at a Dunkin' Donuts at a rest stop.
    I laughed out loud at this and now I feel bad! ;)
  • Options
    julesjbjulesjb member
    I sorta think of diarrhea with my first loss as well so I completely understand where you are coming from. I have had it a few times with this pregnancy for no reason and it freaks me out. I asked my doctor and she said your Gi tract goes through a lot of changes and it is a coincidence that I relate it to my loss. Hope you feel better soon, I have the opposite problem now and can't decide what's worse!
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Diarrhea while PG is normal for me. Had it with each PG. However, the butt started to return to normal poops during 2nd tri.

I figured would rather have that than constipation!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    quezzoquezzo member
    I had it too and my doctor and nurses said it was normal. Just make sure to keep hydrated because it sucks fluids out!
  • Options
    I've had it more than a few times. Yuck.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    ambs21ambs21 member

imagekathymarie:

I'm lurking, but thought I'd add that I had a few of these incidents with both of my pregnancies.  I also had diarrhea consistently until 11 or 12 weeks with DD, then constipation.  Never could get a good balance!  She's a perfectly healthy almost 2 year old, so I wouldn't worry about it.  Hope it goes away for you soon!

• Options
    I have irritable bowel so my body reponds to pregnancy hormones with diarrhea instead of consipation. My OB said it's normal and doesn't have any connection to my losses. GL!
    BFP 7/27/10, no hb discovered 9/3/10, natural m/c 9/17/10
    BFP #2- 2/1/11,bleeding- 2/6/11, natural m/c @ 5wks
    BFP #3- 4/29/11 - DS born 12/31/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    TTCAL buddies with LilMaggs and psumel13
  • Options
    DCWJesDCWJes member
    I have it regularly. I go from one extreme to the next, can't go to can't make it stop. Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast. All these, in any form if you feel like its too much but not enough to see the dr about.
    I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"