September 2011 Moms

BRU Trade In Event

I'm not sure if it's just in Canada, but wanted to let you all know! BRU is offering 20% off car seats, strollers, travel sets, and cribs if you bring in a used one through their Trade and Save Event. You can use any combination (dont have to bring a stroller to get a stroller, etc) and it can be any brand that you bring in for trade. We decided this was a good deal since the stroller we're looking at is $400 itself, let alone the car seat cost on top of that, so DH went on kijiji and bought a used stroller/carseat travel system for 25$. There were lots of people selling strollers or car seats for like 10$ or less even and some of them were still in really good shape! So we'll bring them into the store and get more than our 25$ back in savings on a stroller and car seat! 

Hope some people find this post useful! =)  

BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BRU Trade In Event

• Cool! I don't think they are offering this right now in the US but I am hanging on to an older Graco infant carrier so I can get a discount on a high chair or a PNP.
    <a href=
  • image Ashley_Tucker:
    Cool! I don't think they are offering this right now in the US but I am hanging on to an older Graco infant carrier so I can get a discount on a high chair or a PNP.

Yeah it's a great concept! It helps kids stay safe too since it gives incentive to people to trade in and make sure they have an up to date, safe item.

I just looked and in the states you are offering 20% all car seats already this week  which is great! In Canada - we hardly ever get good sales so this is a great opportunity for us! I think it has a lot to do with the fact that there is such minimal competition here in Canada, that stores can pretty much do what they want! Other than Sears, BRU and Walmart/Zellers type stores you cant get a lot of baby stuff. (on a sidenote - this is also why Extreme Couponing doesn't work in Canada! ha) 

BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've been to a Trade-In Event here.  I traded in our old PnP for a new one, cause it had seen batter days.  I also traded in our old travel system stroller and got a smaller lite stroller cause DS#2 can walk and doesn't like sitting in it to much. But it's good to have.  I still have the double stroller which we'll use once LO#3 comes.  I think the coupon I got for them was for 25% off.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards