September 2011 Moms

I feel like crying

I drove 1300 miles to visit my family and my my sister didn't feel the need to take work off for my baby shower. Well what do you know our step mother got chicken pox. And now I can't see any of them.  (I am staying at my aunts house)

I am so sensitive to rashes of any kind. I have had shingles 4 times. plus chiken pox. In the army they told me I wasn't allowed to get the smallpox vaccine because they feared I could start an outbreak. 

More bad news I accidently left my aunts huge freezer open and everything went bad . So I need to replace the food. And it was alot of food.

Coming down here for a baby shower was not worth it. I spent more money on gas and this coming food bill than it would have been for me to outright buy all the stuff we needed for the baby.

Re: I feel like crying

• Oh my goodness!

That sounds like a hectic trip, cry it out girlie! You deserved a weekend of fun and pampering and it looks like that isn't the case- no FAIR!!!

Big hugs for you from across the screen! Left Hug

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wedding Anniversary: August 7th 2010 BFP: December 22nd 2010 Beautiful Little Birthday: August 30th 2011

BLOG.

• And did I read that right?! 1300 miles?!!?!?!? Holy cowabunga! Go get yourself some ice cream and gossip mags and have a good cry!
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wedding Anniversary: August 7th 2010 BFP: December 22nd 2010 Beautiful Little Birthday: August 30th 2011

BLOG.

• Loading the player...
  • Yes you read right 1300 miles is correct.

and my inlaws are making fun of my sons name. I love his name it's Wyatt Michael.

• imageTakaya:

Yes you read right 1300 miles is correct.

and my inlaws are making fun of my sons name. I love his name it's Wyatt Michael.

I love the name Wyatt as well!! I'm sorry your trip was a massive disaster. Chin up!! It will all pass and you will be home and enjoying baby goodies before you know it. 1300 miles!! Goodness gracious!! Get a spa treatment after that trek back home.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • First things first! Are you offering to replace the food in the freezer? OR is your Aunt expecting it to be replaced? If the case if the later----I think that is BS. You are family and it was an ACCIDENT! Not to mention you drove for god knows how long ( I am assuming 15+), you cannot enjoy the company of your family because of the pox, AND it is your baby shower a time IMO to celebrate your son Wyatt (a GREAT name) and you in all your baby-mama glory. I am sending tissues and Oprah your way!  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm so sorry things have not been working out for you. I have to say, I LOVE the name you picked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is horrible.  I am so sorry.  Are people at least still dropping off their shower gifts since you drove all that way?
  • lily87lily87 member

I am confused. If you have had chicken pox before, why can't you be around them? You are immune right?

That said, I think what your sister did is terrible. I would be pissed. And, sorry about the freezer. That really sucks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (hfj2)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"