August 2011 Moms

Am I the only one being told I'm going early??

For some reason everyone I work with, all my relatives and random strangers all seem to think that there is no way I'm going to carry this baby til Aug 12th.  I am very short, with a short waist and I was a bit chunky to begin with so I have really popped out with this baby.  I have also had a lot of bad swelling with pitting almost up to my knees.  I'm getting really annoyed though that everyone keeps telling me I'm gonna go early, how the heck do they know when this child is going to decide to arrive. 

I go to the doc on Tuesday and I will be talking with him about all the swelling for sure, but my BP has been good so I don't think he's going to push this baby to come any sooner than she's ready.  Anyone else getting frustrated with people's ridiculous predictions?

Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!

Re: Am I the only one being told I'm going early??

• all of my friends that have been told they are going early, all went late...just saying :) no one knows cept the baby...and he/she will arrive when they darn well please
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm still getting the opposite...everyone keeps telling me that if they didn't know, they would never guess I was pregnant...I myself am feeling all the extra weight on my back and joints...the doc said that the baby is a good size so that's all that matters...he will come when he's good and ready...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • People really just started noticing my growing belly.  However, I have a feeling that I may go early.  Baby was measuring in the 61st percentile at our 20 week u/s.  Plus I am having to be on low dose antibiotics the whole rest of the pregnancy and I am nervous those may cause early labor.  Just hopefully not too early.
  • No -- we're being told the same thing but it's because we're having twins and my OB does not allow them to go past the 38w mark.  And, since we've had lots of complications, it may be even earlier.  They're hoping (and we're praying) that I can make it until the first week of July (36w).

Good Luck!!  And, don't let others get you down...  Everyone has a story to share, you just need to decide what you do with that data!  (I actually had someone tell me yesterday that her sister had stillborn twins at 32w -- um, thanks for sharing??!)

Thinking of you...  and hoping your swelling goes down!

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • With DD people said I would go early...and she was three days late.  The only thing my doc every said is that she didn't want me to go too late because of my chronic high blood pressure (controlled with meds and no I didn't develop pre-eclampsia).  I think she was mainly talking weeks late though.  With this one he seems to be ahead of schedule, but we're not changing the due date at this point.  I figure the baby will come when he wants :)
  • I think this is something that everyone says to every pregnant women.  Unless they have exceptional ESP or x-ray vision into your cervix....just ignore them.
  • My mom said, " Are you sure you aren't further along. You are really showing a lot".. umm thanks? 

My doctor said that a side effect of my high AFP levels may be pre-term labor, so she will monitor me more after 32 weeks, but  this baby is not coming out until he's ready, whenever that may be. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageSeptember2007:

No -- we're being told the same thing but it's because we're having twins and my OB does not allow them to go past the 38w mark. 

This is us exactly.  The doctor has been telling us this all along, but I haven't heard it from other people.  We know we'll go no later than the end of July if I make it to 38 weeks.

The only thing I've heard from others is them questioning whether or not I'll make it until the end of the school year. Um, yes...I'm larger than you're used to seeing because I'm having twins.  There are only 3.5 weeks left in the school year, I have had no issues (knock on wood), and I am feeling great.  I get very tired of people questioning whether or not I'll make it.

I'm so sorry about you're swelling...hope that little baby can stay in there and keep cooking for as long as possible!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BK33BK33 member
    I'm sure thats annoying.  Next time someone says that to you just say "this baby will come when he gets good and ready"  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"