Baby Names
Options

how to spell?

We are considering the name Aryana - we want it pronounced ARRRH-EE-Anna

so how would you spell it?

[Poll]

Re: how to spell?

• Options
    When it is spelled with a 'y' I would probably pronounce it air-e-anna, just because that is more similar to the pronunciation of Aryan, as in the race of people.

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagemj.reilly:
    Arianna or Ariana.
    Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i like the name Arianna(spelled that way). I was considering that name but I dont know if it would go with the first name I love

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know that you aren't trying to identify with white supremacists, but when I see the letters A-r-y-a-n (n)(a) in that order, all I can think is "holy racism that's bold!" (Especially if your child is caucasian- I just wouldn't do it. Period) Arianna can be pronounced the same way and does not have such negative connotations (visually).
    Visit The Nest!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Nest! Anniversary
    VOTE on my Name List image 7 anovulatory cycles, 1 cycle 50 mg clomid, 4 cycles 100mg clomid, HSG double blockage, hysteroscopy with cyst and debris removal, fermara/IUI attempt abandoned because of anovulation, follistim/IUI attempt coming soon!
  • Options

imagemj.reilly:
    Arianna or Ariana.

This!  Using a "Y" just makes you look like you are trying to hard don't know how to spell.  I have mostly heard this name pronounced, "are-ee-ah-nuh" and rarely "air-ee-ah-nuh"  People will butcher the name ven if it is a common and commonly spelled version but throwing inthe "Y" will confuse people and not make pronunciation any clearer.  Just be prepared to correct people however you end up spelling it.

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"