Stay at Home Moms

The wine is OPEN.

This week alone:

-Still can't find those damn check registers.  The anal bookkeeper in me is ready to pull my hair out.

-A customer finally paid us after 5 months of sending invoices and calling them.  They made the check out to their other business (huh?!) and us.  They endorsed it with the business that originally hired us.  Bank won't take it (which I understand, I use to work at a bank).  So we're back to square one with getting paid!

-Our desktop computer, the mothership of our home network, got a virus.  A nasty one.  It disabled our anti-virus program and while the computer guys tried to fix it, it ultimately came down with the blue screen disease and needed to be completely restored.  Thankfully nothing super important was on there (mostly DD's pics that she still has) but I need to reinstall printers, the wireless network, Itunes, etc.  Ugh. 

-We canceled our policy with our insurance company and they refused to accept the correct cancellation date.  No matter what page we faxed them, they claimed it wasn't the right one.  Then they would ask for the page we JUST faxed them!  Went on for an hour.  Morons.

-Last week we went to Florida to pick up a semi-truck for DH's parents (we got a day at Universal out of it).  We get it home only to find out the sellers LIED about the miles (a difference of 300,000 miles) which is super naughty for selling a vehicle on Ebay.  DH has been dealing with it as he takes no BS from anyone.  And do IL's appreciate it?  FIL yes, MIL, no.  Fine, get screwed, see if we care!

-MIL's issues are back.  That woman's train is going off of the rails.

-Filing quarterly taxes for our business should take an hour, tops.  It took 6 hours the other day due to info that changed.

-AF was 2 days late.  Indifferent   She reared her ugly, but oh so lovely face today.  Being fixed doesn't quite make me feel as secure as it should.

-Out of all the vehicles in our yard, a team of mice have decided to invade MY car.  There is NO food in there, not even a crumb.  I'm convinced it's a team because they licked the traps completely clean of the peanut butter that was on them....didn't trip a single one.  Then they pulled the fresh and fragrant dryer sheets out of the back of my driver's seat (where they are chewing up the stuffing!!).  DH wants to put glue traps in there but I'm pretty sure they'll just build a fort and play in it.  Best part: Today we were driving to my niece's bday party and DS starts screaming bloody murder.  The mouse had run across the floor of the backseat.  I'm proud to say that I not only kept the car on the road but also in our lane!

So tonight, I will very, very, very much enjoy my wine.  My only regret will be that the bottle isn't big enoughWink

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The wine is OPEN.

• Just reading this made me want one.  GL with all of that!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Oh my goodness!  You've had quite the week!  Is it OK that I laughed about the mice building a fort, though?

For your PC going forward (I know it won't help you now), here are a few pieces of software I highly recommend.

Spybot Search and Destroy for Spyware - Free

Malwarebytes for other malicious malware - Free

AVG for anti-virus - Free

I've used these three pieces of software for years on our home computers/network and we've NEVER had a virus.  Just be sure you run an update once a week and run a scan every month or so.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGeek_Girl:

Oh my goodness!  You've had quite the week!  Is it OK that I laughed about the mice building a fort, though?

For your PC going forward (I know it won't help you now), here are a few pieces of software I highly recommend.

Spybot Search and Destroy for Spyware - Free

Malwarebytes for other malicious malware - Free

AVG for anti-virus - Free

I've used these three pieces of software for years on our home computers/network and we've NEVER had a virus.  Just be sure you run an update once a week and run a scan every month or so.

Perfectly okay, I giggled at the thought myself!  

We have actually used AVG free for years (and on 2+ computers) and this is the very first virus we have ever had!  It shut down the AVG and everything:(  It was so bad I couldn't even get into the control panel or find anything online to clean it up.  It would run a scan every day at noon and still got taken down. Blech:(  Fortunately (?), the guys are pretty sure it was a FB link DD#1 clicked on.  She's the one who primarily uses that computer and no matter how many warnings/talks we've had with her, I think she assumed that all those "Like this to see what this father wrote on his daughter's FB wall!" were okay.  She's with her dad this weekend and we'll be having another internet safety chat tomorrow! 

• Ahh, gotcha.  I think if DS ever screwed up a machine that badly he'd have no access at all!  LOL!

I know it seems a little like overkill, but if you're not using anything BUT virus protection, you can still get infected with other stuff.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGeek_Girl:

Ahh, gotcha.  I think if DS ever screwed up a machine that badly he'd have no access at all!  LOL!

I know it seems a little like overkill, but if you're not using anything BUT virus protection, you can still get infected with other stuff.

To be honest, I'm ready for overkill.  The hard drive on our laptop died around Thanksgiving, not even a year after we bought the laptop brand new.  That was something they said we had zero control over, it was a just a "sh*t happens" situation.   Now a virus on the main computer?  Ugh.  Thankfully I keep our computers pretty clean so if we lose anything, it's not a lot (or it's backed up, such as photos or business stuff).  I also keep all discs and instructions for programs and computer equipment so I can reinstall if needed, it's just a pain.  

My biggest frustration over the whole week was the amount of time wasted over such silly stuff. :::sigh:::  Hopefully things will improve from here on out:)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"