June 2011 Moms

Talk about a weird sensation!!

So we just got home from a festival that's going on down here in Downtown Fayetteville: The Dogwood Festival. I figured we'd walk around, find some small rides for DS, eat some carnival food, and catch Everclear doing a free concert.

Well, we plop our butts in the grass around the stage area, and I notice I'm having contractions. (Probably just BH's, right?) Ok, no big deal. Sit and rest. We had nearly 45 minutes to wait until Everclear came on, anyways. Well, about 15 minutes before they were to come on, it started getting more uncomfortable, so we reluctantly started heading back towards the car. With all the people-traffic, it took us 20 minutes just to get out of the stage field area, with another 10 minutes to the car! (So I got to hear them play 3 songs!)  Woo!

As we were walking to the car, I noticed this weird sensation in my left wrist; almost like a small, light blood pressure cuff is squeezing around it.Then I noticed I was having a contraction. It passed in about 30 seconds or so, so not too long. I didn't think anything of it. Then, about 5 minutes later, (Just as we're approaching the car), I notice it again: the squeezing sensation on my wrist as I'm having another contraction! (This time it lasted about 45 seconds or so.)

Weird, right?! I've been relaxing on the couch now for nearly twenty minutes... and every time I have a contraction, (twice, now), I get this sensation in my wrist! It's weird!  I've never had it/noticed it before, nor have I ever heard of anyone else experiencing something like this. I wouldn't think it's anything to worry about, I just find it super-strange, and figured I'd share! =/

Photobucket

Re: Talk about a weird sensation!!

• Weird?  Fun detail to remember to tell your LO later though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Umm how many contractions are you having?  More than 4-5 per hour and you should be calling your doc.  I'm not saying that you are about to deliver but they need to hook you up to monitors to make sure your baby is tollerating them well and to make sure your cervix is not getting shorter. 

Trust me on this. I waited 14 hrs before going to my doc while having contractions 7 mins apart.  My doc was not happy with me and sent me to L&D.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh they've stopped now. Me and BH's have been notorious buddies since 22 weeks or so, this time around. I'll have BH's for HOURS, even with rest and water, etc... and I finally go into L&D, and it's nothing. LO has been moving around plenty all throughout.... also, this isn't my first. haha. But thanks for the concern! =D
    Photobucket
  • your welcome.  I didnt realize you said you were having BH.. I thought you mean really cntrx.  Sorry! :)
  • To me they feel like the same thing... I had real contractions with my DS.... but never realized it. They felt exactly like my BH's did! *shrug* (Because whomever said that BH's aren't painful (at times, at least) is full of crap, in my opinion. lol) This LO is too stubborn to come *this* early... I say she'll be here about two weeks before my EDD, though. Just a "feeling" I have. haha
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"