1st Trimester

Flu in first tri?

Anyone had it? My daughter has some horrible stomach virus with fever, vomiting and diarrhea. I'm terrified of getting it and don't know how I'll be able to handle it along with my already horrible ms. I'm really worried about the baby and having a mc if I get it.
baby 2Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Flu in first tri?

• I had an awful stomach flu in 1st Tri when I was pg with DS (he's 18 months now).  I'm not going to lie, it was the worst ever.  But I do not think you need to worry about m/c from the flu.  The concern would be if your temperature gets too high, or if you become too dehydrated.  If you start running a temp call your OB/Gyn right away to find out what they recommend you take and how often for a fever.  I would probably call your dr right away anyways if you get the flu, just so they can tell you what signs to watch for with dehydration, etc. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that you stay healthy.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ditto the pp. Getting the flu isn't going to make you m/c BUT the 2 biggest things you want to watch out for are:

1. Fever - stay ontop of taking tylenol (no advil)

2. Dehydration - drink gatorade, ensure, ginger ale, whatever you can keep down

And def don't hesitate to give you Dr a call re: the fever as he/she might have some other suggestions (cold bath/shower) etc.... and it's only REALLY high fever's that you have to worry about 100.1 isn't going to be an issue 104 is.

Take care, I hope you don't get it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"