March 2011 Moms

How much does your LO eat?

Me & my friend had our babies on the same day. I know each baby is different.. although ours were quite close in size, etc..  But my 6 week old is eating 4-5 oz each feeding.. every 3-4 hours! A few times its been more like 6 oz. My Dr. said that babies wont eat more than they need.. it just seems like SO much, especially compared to my friend's baby who eats no more than 3 oz at a feeding..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How much does your LO eat?

• I BF, but pump sometimes and did a "test" to see how much my LO was eating yesterday because it seems like he's eating a ton.  He eats every 3 hrs like clockwork and eats 4-5oz each time (5 oz is the most though).  He eats roughly 32 oz in a 24 hr period.

My LO was a little less than 7 lbs at birth though..and he's growing like crazy, so I think that has a lot to do with it. He's 5weeks, 4 days today.

• Born at 6.15 and already over 12 lbs... eating 4 oz every 3 hours, round the clock. Still not skipping the middle of the night feeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son is just about 6 weeks on Tuesday- he eats every 3 hours on average and usually drinks 4 ounces- I pump 4 and he is satisfied with that so hopefully when he wants more he drops a feeding cause I don't know how to keep up with him! he weighed 8.1 at birth and at 3 weeks he weight 9.5 Im guessing hes at least 10.5 now... 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Photobucket
  • 4oz every 3 hours around the clock...he's 7 weeks.

All babies are different, my niece never ever drank more than about 3oz's when she took a bottle the whole time she was bf/on formula.  She's 15 months now and still doesn't drink a bunch at one sitting, she's always been on the small side (17lbs at a year)  so each kid is different.  I wouldn't worry about it, as long as they're not spitting it all up it's fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"