August 2011 Moms

Need help with bedding

Why does baby bedding have to be so hard to choose. I have two that I love andone I am really leaning towards. Only issue is we have decided to move Ellieinto the bigger room and give the baby her old bedroom. I can't decide if Ishould just reuse Ellies bedding in the baby's room so it matches that paint andget Ellie new bedding(which the new bedding I love I could get for her) or haveEllie keep hers and try to match the baby's to the paint.

Here's the bedding I am in love with right now:https://pinterest.com/pin/17909165/Here's Ellie's current bedding which I do love it is very cute and greatquality:https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/penelope-nursery-bedding/?pkey=bgirls-nursery-bedding

What would you guys do?

Re: Need help with bedding

• I would get Ellie new "big girl" bedding. That is what we did. We are having another boy so we switched Liam to his "big boy" room and bought him Curious George and Firetruck stuff. He cares and the new little dude won't care if he has Liam's old room and his bedding. I'm going to freshen up the nursey walls and hang some new pictures. Plus, the Penelope bedding from PBK is totally adorable :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you can't find new bedding that matches the paint,  I'd probably re-use the old bedding for the youngest.   Although something about me as a younger sister thinks the new baby should get her own new bedding....
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelob:
    If you can't find new bedding that matches the paint,  I'd probably re-use the old bedding for the youngest.   Although something about me as a younger sister thinks the new baby should get her own new bedding....

Um, I'm the middle child of 3 girls, talk about hand-me-downs, and honestly I don't see where you're coming from. A newborn doesn't care. However, they will care in the future.

• IMO I think the big sister should get new bedding if she is moving rooms. I think it would be a really nice way to have her excite about the move and becoming a "big girl".  I also think, why not keep the old bedding for the baby. Then when she is ready to get "big girl" bedding you can get her something that fits her personality. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"