December 2011 Moms
Options

wall decal question

I love those peel and stick wall decals and I'd like to eventually get them for my nursery. Here's my question: My walls are textured, will they still stick to my walls? I dont want to spend the money if they don't. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: wall decal question

• Options
    They might stick but I would guess they wouldn't stick well and it would look very strange with the texturing under the decal-- like you would be able to tell that it was a wall decal vs. something that was drawn or painted on the wall which is usually the look people are going for when using decals.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

It depends on how much texture, and how big the decal is.  It seems the bigger the decal, the more they tend to peel and eventually fall off.  I would see if you can find a cheapie version to test.  (Obviously the more texture the less stick you get)

Or paint your design.  (Lol, I only say that because Im a mural artist and those darn decals are my competition. )

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I may just have to paint. I love the big tree decals and I was only going to use them because its less work than painting but if its going to look better than I'll just do that. I dont want a lumpy tree and lumpy birds
  • Options
    We had decals in my daughter's room when she was a baby.  They took the paint off the walls (even though the package said it would not.)  We have textured walls and they looked great, but left marks when we took them down.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

imagestephers_7:
    I love those peel and stick wall decals and I'd like to eventually get them for my nursery. Here's my question: My walls are textured, will they still stick to my walls? I dont want to spend the money if they don't. 

Hey Stephers, this is really random but I saw a Groupon for a decal company on the internet if you are interested.  The Groupon is under the Louisville KY city and it is for a website called dalidecals.  It is $20 for a $50 deal.  You might also get some info for decals on their website.  I was interested in these for our nursery as well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 0015-1
  • Options
    I have orange peel textured walls.  Some of the higher quality decals stick, especially if the paint is flat and not too glossy.
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've heard using rubber cement under the decal helps (and you can still peel it off) but I would recommend having your SO do that because of the fumes. 

I have textured walls and my decals stuck for about a year.

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Options
    I like the idea of them being so temporary. I may get some smaller ones and see what I think and if I like them look into getting the bigger ones like the trees. 
  • Options
    You could also take a sheet of plywood, paint it, put a frame (molding) around it and attach it to the wall then put the decal on the plywood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"