Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Clicky Poll: What was your LO's first solid?

Just curious!!
[Poll]

My little man at 0-1-2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

Re: Clicky Poll: What was your LO's first solid?

• Oatmeal, it was a big hit, he has either oatmeal or barley with a little bit of apples or bananas in it for breakfast every morning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I tried rice cereal (earths best) the first three times. He seems to hate it. Then I tried oatmeal cereal with banana (earths best) and he liked it a little more. Then real banana and he loves it! 

The faces he makes whether he likes the food or not are priceless. Its like I but the most disgusting thing ever in his mouth. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We started with whole wheat cereal.  I wanted LO to have cereal with more nutrition in it.  At our last pedi apt. she said they usually want rice cereal for the first cereal for allergies.  Oops... Thank goodness LO doesn't show any signs of allergies so far.  And he loves whole wheat too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We skipped cerals and went straight for Avocado with my first. I will likewise do the same with the twins.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • I bought three types of cereal to try - oatmeal, barley and multi grain, if I remember correctly.  We are going to wait a little longer to start solids, though.   Pedi said we could start now, but I want to wait til he's sitting up better. 
    Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haven't started solids, but we're skipping the cereals.  They do provide a small amount of iron, but no nutritional value other than that.

We're planning on avocado or sweet potatoes after 6mo.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• our pedi wanted us to start w rice too but the lo was having nothing to do with it...but oatmeal and barley on the other hand are awesome!!! again we started with the cereals do to alergys...then veggies ...then fruit.
  • We did rice for about 5 days buy it made LO gassy so we've moved to oatmeal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"