May 2011 Moms

We finally got our car seat. It's definitely a "realization" moment

It's not installed or anything, so I think that officially makes us the last couple here in this board to get it, as if we knew that we weren't going to go early.

DH told me today "I think I just had a daddy moment, as if I'm now the guy that's a parent.  I'm the guy with a car seat in his car.  I'm so excited I can't wait".

And similarly to the "testing" of the stroller, which evidently, according to him, it'll survive armageddon, it's now out of the box, in the car, after being played with, prodded, shaken, taken off and on and off and on and off and on (Singing Squeeze Box/The Who!) and off the base, every button has been clicked numerous times, as if this car seat is going to withstand an airplane crashing next to it.... Our baby is gonna be secured yo'!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We finally got our car seat. It's definitely a "realization" moment

• ha we just took ours out of the boxes today as well.  The stroller was fun to push around the living room and now we are like umm yeah, we can't install that carseat.  Calling the police dept. Monday!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Let's hear it for the procrastinators!!!

Hey, at least I have a bit more Mommy IQ than some of the chics in Pregnant in Heels..

... or do I?  hmmm 

• Loading the player...
  • imageCommonName:

It's not installed or anything, so I think that officially makes us the last couple here in this board to get it, as if we knew that we weren't going to go early.

DH told me today "I think I just had a daddy moment, as if I'm now the guy that's a parent.  I'm the guy with a car seat in his car.  I'm so excited I can't wait".

And similarly to the "testing" of the stroller, which evidently, according to him, it'll survive armageddon, it's now out of the box, in the car, after being played with, prodded, shaken, taken off and on and off and on and off and on (Singing Squeeze Box/The Who!) and off the base, every button has been clicked numerous times, as if this car seat is going to withstand an airplane crashing next to it.... Our baby is gonna be secured yo'!

Your DH is awesome. Its cute that he said he's so excited and is taking such an active role in getting the car seat and everything ready. What a great daddy!

• Just wait until you go to get in your car later and see it in the backseat. It was definitely an OMG-this is really happening moment for me.
  • imageBabyWillMake3:
    imageCommonName:

Your DH is awesome. Its cute that he said he's so excited and is taking such an active role in getting the car seat and everything ready. What a great daddy!

Aww, he really is.  I really couldn't have made it through without him.  He's really freaking amazing, awesome, fantastic, outstanding, caring, and he's going to be a phenomenal dad.  

BRING ON THE WATERWORKS, Common!   

• My DH said that putting the car seat in wasn't very hard at all. Now putting together the pack and play... That was a different story.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Awww... that's super cute about your hubby :) The car seat has always been exciting for us too- with all three of our kids. I remember installing it this time and it was like a big realization for us... WOW 3 kids. I don't know what it is about the car seat, but it makes it real. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just got my carseat today too!!! but it was like 7pm and we were at a horse show all day, so its still sitting in the box... and we still dont have the stroller :( and too bad DH wont be here to have that 'daddy moment' of aww.. But that is so cute that your DH said that he is so excited!!!! :) 
  • When DH helped me unload all the goodies from my baby shower, his eyes got real big when he carried in the car seat.  He said that item, more than any other, made the baby seem real to him.  It's still not in the car, but I'm hoping by the end of the weekend.  Then every time we get in the car, it will be a big reminder that there will be an actual baby in it very, very soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"