Babies: 3 - 6 Months

spitting up, more then normal..

I know spitting up is normal.  But it just seems like shes doing it a lot more then normal.  The Dr put her on Nutramigen, for potential allergy to cows milk.  Which she took to it fine its been a month.  She did have her first cold from day care, which also started about a month ago.  She still has a lingering cough, that he gave us a nebulizer for.  The spitting up seems to have started the last 2 weeks or so.  Its a small amount of spit up, but almost seems every other feeding.  Just wondering if I should be concerned.

Re: spitting up, more then normal..

• What does the spit up look like? If it has bits of mucus in it, it's just mucus from the lingering cough draining into your LO's stomach and upsetting it. DS is recovering from his second cold >_> so we've been getting a LOT of that lately. It's the downside of having a kid with someone who works with a lot of people every day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You know it does seem a lot more like mucous then formula spit up.  && her cough is very mucousy!!  Thanks, I do feel a little better about it.  Shes just been so sensitive lately.  So we've been doing a lot of cuddling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DD always spits up more when she has a cold. PP is right, the extra mucus does it. Also, spitting up in general tends to peak around 4-6 months as well, but does not alway indicate a problem. Has your LO's symptoms disappeared since being on Nutramigen?

• Yes the Nutramigen has made a huge difference.  But after reading the side effects of the steroid.....trouble sleeping, excessive eating, and throwing up/spitting up.  So it all makes sense now.  I read the side effects before giving her the medicine.  But must have since spaced the minor things to expect.  I have been getting up every 2 hours feeding her a bottle!! I couldnt believe she was eating so much!  So glad tonight is the last night of this medicine!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"