April 2011 Moms

when DH returns to work...

Does anyone else have anxiety about their DH/SO returning to work?  My DH went back last Thursday and I was a mess.  I have felt so attached to since our DD was born.  We don't have family nearby and most of my friends work during the day, so I think my biggest problem was feeling alone. This coming week will be his first full week back at work.  I'm just worried about feeling stir crazy and lonely.  I have 12 week maternity leave and while I feel like I should be enjoying my time with DD, I feel more anxious about being home alone all day for the next 10 weeks!  The weather has been pretty rainy here so it's hard to get out with our 2 week old.  When the weather clears up, I plan on trying to get out of the house more.  What do you ladies do all day to keep yourselves occupied and to combat the loneliness (if you are lonely)?  I know I could be doing housework and caring for a newborn is a job in itself, but I still feel like I need to do something social!  TIA!!

Re: when DH returns to work...

• My dh didnt get to take more than a day or so off. But my parents were here for 10 days and the night before they left I had a lot if anxiety. It was a little crazy the first couple of days and I definitely felt myself starting to get a little blue. I have been making sure to make plans even if it is just saying tomorrow I am going to write more thank you notes, or go to town and walk around. As much as I dislike the mall I am keeping it as a rainy day option. But just having a plan has helped me to feel better. I am hoping to be able to start going to the y soon to work out and have adult interaction.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• i have the same anxiety...dh goes back to work on monday after being home for two weeks. im home for another six weeks and i dont know how i will do it without him...we have also gotten so much closer im going to miss him. i am looking forward to spending some mommy and me time with the lo though
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh I totally feel you.  I have 12 weeks of maternity leave & I get so lonely at home.  Luckily my mother has come by once a week & my step mom has come by as well.  It makes me feel more human & social.  I haven't really left the house yet so I plan on doing that tomorrow to go grocery shopping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am definitely not looking forward to my husband going back to work, but I'm thankful he's been able to take the time off that he has.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• GHBEAGHBEA member

Everyone I know works that includes family members.  I pretty much am alone all day until my older ones come home from school.  But they do their own thing so I am still alone pretty much until DH comes home.

I clean, and do anything at home I would normally not do when people are home.  I can read, watch what ever TV programs I want to. When the weather is nice I go for walks, and when it gets really warm I plan on taking her to the lake (not to swim) but to just be out in the sun shine and seeing other people.

There are local mothers groups every where.  Check to see if your area has one.  I plan to check out my towns group soon.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I must be horrible since I couldn't wait for him to clear out of the house so I could have the baby all to myself. Embarrassed

I spend a lot of time cuddling with DS, the first two weeks or so I don't think I did anything but cuddle, stare at him and nap with him and it was fantastic. DH only took off 3 days plus the weekend. Now if it's nice I'll take the boys out for a walk to the park or we'll get out to the store or library on rainy days. I watched way too much tv and decided to take this opportunity to get myself some books, now I always need a new book and that forces me to get out of the house. 

There are still some days however when I am racing to get out of my pjs right as DH is coming home since I don't want him to think I was just being a slob all day long. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMG7:

I must be horrible since I couldn't wait for him to clear out of the house so I could have the baby all to myself. Embarrassed

This!  DH went back to work before I was even home from the hospital.  My parents stayed with my for the first week I was home, then DH was with us over the weekend.  By the time Monday came around again I was so happy he was going back to work.  I stayed in my pj's all day and did whatever I wanted, when I wanted with LO.  I was still pretty tired, and it was a little rough learning to do everything by myself, but it was so great just to spend some quiet alone time with LO!

• GHBEAGHBEA member
    imageMG7:

There are still some days however when I am racing to get out of my pjs right as DH is coming home since I don't want him to think I was just being a slob all day long. 

My DH just laughs at me when I still have my pjs on. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Dh has to go back Tuesday and I'm nervous about being alone, but mostly bc of my physical limitations. I had a rough labor followed by a c/s and some complications, so I can't do a whole lot and I'm relying on others. Thankfully my mom and sis are taking shifts being with me, and the mil is coming, so hopefully by the time my help dwindles I'll be able to do more. As for future loneliness, I thanky have a lot of stay at home mom friends. Try finding a moms group maybe?
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• SO took a week off when Matthew was born, and I was so ready for him to go back by the end of that week. It was much easier to get into a routine when it was just me & DS. 

My parents both live about 15 minutes away, so they've come to visit and I've taken DS to see them a couple times. Otherwise, we just spend lots of time snuggling & playing. I try to do one productive thing every day when he takes a morning nap. Friday I succeeded in cleaning the bathroom. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"