Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Only 1 "awake" time today?! This could be a long night...

So baby is only 3 days old, I know they are supposed to be sleepy, but only 1 awake time today, and it's been a struggle to get her to wake up enough to eat.  Last time I h I couldn't even get her to wake up! I hope that doesn't mean a long night....

Kristina (Hayden Reese 4.27.11)

Re: Only 1 "awake" time today?! This could be a long night...

• Totally normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • she's 3 days old...

you're fine. 

• Loading the player...
  • *coming out of lurking* At 3 days old, you're fine, at 3 days old it was a struggle getting Ronan to be awake enough to eat, let alone be awake for nothing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • our pediatricuan had me paranoid about this! I was so worried that we couldn't get him up to eat or anything... i was freaking about if he'd peed enough, which of course he hadnt lol Then I start hearing from everyone and their mother that its totally normal lol Now even just with day 4 he's been up much more, although now is being super sleepy lol.
  • Newborns should be awake for only about 40-50 minutes between naps which includes eating, diapering, and falling back asleep! It's totally GOOD! Encourage napping. See siggy for awake time guidelines based on age. Sleep begets sleep.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"