May 2011 Moms
Options

My first trip to L&D hopefully next one will be the real deal

Up until today I (Knock on wood) haven't had any problems. Especially since we've been moving into a house and I've been doing a lot of work.  I had an apptn yesterday and I was 1 cent dilated.

Well today I was doing laundry , cleaning etc. and I started having excruciating side pain. Mostly in my back but on the side. It radiated a little bit in my abdomen but mostly on my side.  I never felt that bad of pain before in my life. I felt sick to my stomach I couldnt breathe. I called the Dr and she said it wasn't labor and to rest and take tylenol. Well after over an hour of pain I just couldn't take it. Being due in only a week I thought screw it I'm going. So I went. I was having minor contractions actually 3-4 mins apart I didnt' even know it. But she said I'm not in labor that labor in in your stomach and lower.  I'm 1 cent dilated 70% thinned and at a -2.

The doctor I saw is not in my Doctor's group but for some reason she is on call with the group. Strange.  Anyway I felt silly and stupid especially cuz I had my parents, sister there and my husband left a golf game lol.

Well it was good practice I guess. But i never felt pain like that before. can't wait for labor pain..eek! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My first trip to L&D hopefully next one will be the real deal

• Options
    Don't feel bad for going in, it's better safe than sorry.  That's been my motto for the last couple of weeks and it will be until the baby is here safe and sound.  I've now been in a total of 8 times!  Some I was made to go in by the doctor and some I chose to go in myself.
    Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

11/2013- Diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis
    07/2014- emergency surgery to remove hemorrhaging cyst first RE missed, removed endo from fallopian tubes, hsg done, d&c performed to remove polyphs in uterus, femvue done, put on dexamethasone and metformin
    08/2014- miscarriage, second RE refuses to mark down in charts, switch again
    03/2016- IUI #1, waiting for results on April 17
  • Options
    Interesting I thought contractions can be in your back and radiate to the front. Hopefully this was practice for the real thing coming very soon!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"