Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

big girl room question

DD went from a crib to a toddler bed at 13 months. rocker got taken out, toys got put in, and the room is great for her now. only this is a set of photos i have on the wall. they were for the nursery, three photos i took, one of her coming home outfit, one of her first booties, one of the bear DH and I made for her. I want to change them now that the room is not longer for a little baby. any suggestions? it doesnt have to be photos, btw. the frames are easy to get rid of. thanks!

*The Blog* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural M/C : Arabella's Twin Guardian Angel, 7.29.2009.**Natural M/C : 2.20.2010. 18 weeks. Always Loved. 4 weeks.

Re: big girl room question

• Options

I am seriously considering buying a second copy of our favorite book (which happens to bee about 13 x 13 and framing the artwork. I just love it.

I also love it when people put the children's art up in rooms. 

I have a big painting painted by an elephant in northern Thailand that I bought when I was traveling there (and yes, I watched him paint it). It was the last big trip I took before I met DH and it has meaning. Pick something that has meaning. 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What about more recent photos of her or photos of things she likes (dogs, monkeys, etc.)?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could do some really cool, artistic shots of things that are important to her now...like "dress up" shoes, costume jewelry, etc.  Or you could let her do finger painting, cut the pictures up and then glue the pieces onto sheets of card stock in a mosaic or collage type, atristic format.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have an antique bedroom set from my g-g-aunt for DDs room so I went with a patchwork quilt for her bedding.  Some of the patches are big flowers so I bought 3 square canvases, traced the flowers onto them and painted.  They turned out really cute.  I have plans to get antique-style paper doll sets framed also.  

I didn't go with this idea so I can't say how it turned out, but my craft store has some cute 3D metal flowers that are made to go in your garden.  I was thinking of cutting the stems off and hanging them on the wall.

I love this blog, it has every style you can imagine.  It's focused on more nurseries, but they do have big boy/girl room sections. 

https://babyroombio.weebly.com/frames-and-other-wall-detail-touches.html 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"