Parenting after a Loss

Gassy baby & mom needs to poop (TMI?)

Poor Matthew has had gas & been fussy all day. He cries every time he gets put down. SO is at work, and I haven't quite mastered juggling a baby while on the toilet. 

How the heck do I poop??? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
Baby Squirt- September 2009
Baby Turtle- May 2010
Baby Surprise- August 2011

Re: Gassy baby & mom needs to poop (TMI?)

• Unless you're someone who can't go under pressure, just put him down and go.  He'll probably cry, but maybe getting mad with help move some of the gas through his system.

I hope that doesn't make me sound like heartless Mom, but when you have to go, you have to go. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 - 12/9/09 After being on bedrest for 10 weeks due to TTTS and hospital bedrest for 4 weeks due to PPROM, my sticky babies are here! Born at 32 weeks!!
  • I've learned (as much as I hate it) that it's perfectly okay for them to cry for 4 minutes while you poop - pack n' play, swing, bouncy seat, bassinet, pillow corral?  Anywhere you can safely put him for a few minutes will work.  When I have to go to the bathroom I get really crabby and get frustrated with him, so taking a few minutes for myself makes me take better care of him. 
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, it's not going to hurt LO to cry for the amount of time it takes you to poop (or shower, for that matter).

But I admit that DS has joined my on the toilet in desperate times! Embarrassed

• imagesoftskate31:
    Bring the bouncy seat into the bathroom, or use the baby tub as a seat (no water).

I did this with the bouncy seat once so I could take a shower. You gotta do what you gotta do!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP/Labor/Everything Buddy: Papetvet/Erpetdoc
  • I've had a stomach bug the past few days. Little Man has had to cry it out in the bouncy seat while I ran to the toilet quite a few times. I don't think he's too emotional scarred.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Either let him cry or I would sometimes put Jax in the bouncer and take him with me in the bathroom and then bounce him with one foot while doing my bidness!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • vflipovflipo member
    I hated leaving her, but I had so many problems pooping that I just had to do it. One night I took extra stool softener... It was nice that I pooped without screaming, but I also had to go every 20 minutes. DD was left alone a lot that night :p She seems okay.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"