November 2011 Moms
Options

Would it bother you if.... (vent/nbr)

Your DH wore a running watch from an ex gf?

Maybe I'm being crazy but it bothers me. It just seems wrong. He says he's not getting a new one because they're $250 and he insists that doesn't make him think of her but it just bugs me. I know if I was wearing something from someone else I would automatically think of them.

He told me a while back (like over a year ago) that he got it from her and it's the only thing that he's kept, but he's just now getting back into running so it's never bothered me until now. 

Thoughts? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would it bother you if.... (vent/nbr)

• Options
    No, it would not bother me.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    No, but I'd be annoyed he even told me it was from here. That wasn't too bright of him.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can see why you are irked - it wouldn't be my favorite thing to see him wear if it were my DH. But, I wouldn't be too upset about it. Unless there is some other reason to feel she is a threat to your relationship I wouldn't keep bringing up the issue. Your DH sounds like he's just being practical.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yes. I'm a totally jealous girl. I hate that I'm so insecure, but DH knows I am & tries to be sensitive about stuff like that. I seem to be less concerned since DS was born. Don't know why.
  • Options

imageVieve831:
    I can see why you are irked - it wouldn't be my favorite thing to see him wear if it were my DH. But, I wouldn't be too upset about it. Unless there is some other reason to feel she is a threat to your relationship I wouldn't keep bringing up the issue. Your DH sounds like he's just being practical.

Agreed.  Knowing your sensitivity to such things, it was stupid of him to tell you, but at least he was honest.   

• Options
    It would probably would bother me...but the sensible side of me is able to realize that your husband is using it for practical reasons. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The immature part of me completely agrees with you. I wouldn't like it.

MH kept a huge stereo system his ex bought him and I JUST got him to get rid of it (He never used it anyway, it just sat on our dresser in OUR BEDROOM.. Where I could see it every day and remember it was from his nasty trash ex girlfriend...)

It wasn't a huge deal, I know, but it bothered the crap out of me just because. I was glad to have it gone.

• Options
    I understand why it might bother you, but men do not think about things the same way we do. To him, it is just a watch. Who gave it to him isn't relevant.
  • Options

No, it wouldn't, but that's just me!

Would you be willing to buy him a new one?

• Options
    I had a really nice stereo system I got from an ex and me and my husband decided to keep it bc it was so nice and it did not make me think of him everytime I turned it on. But I realize people are sensative to that sort of thing, but I wouldn't bug him about it.....just make it "accidentally disappear" if you don't like it.
  • Options
    That wouldn't bother me at all.  It's not like he's keeping a framed photo of her or something sentimental. 
  • Options
    It would not bother me.  It is functional not sentimental.
  • Options
    Eh, it wouldn't bother me... I am well aware that he had gf's before me just like I had bf's before him.  It's not a framed picture or a teddy bear he snuggles with.  I say it saves you guys from having to buy a new one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Blinkies, Glitter Graphics & more" BFP #1 12/26/06 DS born 08/08/07 BFP #2 12/16/10 EDD 08/23/11 Missed M/C ~7weeks D&C 02/04/11 BFP #3 3/11/11 4/1/10 heard HB 149!!! EDD is 11/17/11
  • Options
    Yes, it would bother me.
  • Options

It would not bother me.

If it did bother me, I would save up my money and buy him a replacement from me and then sell the current one.

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

It wouldn't bother me.  If it were just a nice watch it might, but since it is something practical that he uses for a specific purpose I wouldn't give it much thought.  

I am weird about ex-girlfriend stuff though.  DH has his prom pics with his high school sweetheart - the only other girl he dated for a significant amount of time other than me.  But it does not bother me at all.  However, I simply could not tolerate pics of another ex-girlfriend who he says he didn't really even "date" and that it was never "serious".  I don't know why but the second girl just irks me.  He means nothing to her, he had absolutely no problem getting rid of the pics.  So why on earth does this girl bother me more than the one he dated for a few years???  I don't know, I'm just a crazy girl I guess!  

imageimage Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options

No, I don't think so, not unless I thought he was still carrying a flame for her.  And if that was the case the watch would be the least of our problems.  My ex gave me my cat... trust me, I don't think about him every time I give kitty a pet... Smile

• Options
    I can see what you mean, but I have to say that it wouldn't bother me. Those things are expensive, and if you find one that works for you, keep it. I would really try to separate the gift from the function of the gift since your DH is doing something healthy. Now, if it were something like a tie or a shirt.....I'd burn it. Wink
  • Options
    its no big deal
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No, not really.  DH wore a gorgeous Movado watch an ex gave him.  I did bring it up once in a while, teasing him about it, but what's the alternative, for me to spend that much and get him another one?  I wouldn't want such an expensive watch wasted and I knew he had no feelings for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mushEmushE member
    No, but I'm on the other side of that equation.  My ex-bf gave me a very expensive Tag Heuer watch, and I still wear it every day.  MH said he wasn't bothered by it, though.  To me, it's more about the practical aspect of it (why NOT wear a perfectly nice watch that works?) than sentimental. 
    DS: 11/11
    TTC #2 since March 2014. BFP in April 2014; MMC @8w. CP December 2014 @5w
  • Options

Thanks so much, ladies. Sometimes I just need to hear that I'm being overly jealous to realize it. I get it from my mom, haha. I'm definitely getting better though. 

Looks like the watch is here to stay. DH will thank you! 

• Options
    pghjenpghjen member
    On an entirely unrelated note, I LOVE your monogram necklace!  I have been looking for one online and I haven't found one I love yet.
  • Options
    no would not bother me, esp. considering he would have to otherwise spend $250 on a new one when he has one that works.  I can think of a lot of other uses for $250....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"