October 2011 Moms

Watching "16 and Pregnant" reruns

I'm watching Jennifer's episode where her boyfriend goes berserk and throws her out of the car and takes off with the boys. What a moron!

Is anyone else watching this series?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Watching "16 and Pregnant" reruns

• Yes, I saw that episode, but that is a really new rerun. That was the premiere episode this season....I'm 27 and OBSESSED with this show and Teen Mom(2). I have no idea why I'm so obsessed (I DVR both), but it makes me extremely thankful for where I am. When I was 16 I asked my mom if I could go on birth control because my bf and I wanted to have sex, and I thought it was the toughest conversation of my life. But I look back it and am QUITE
    imageBabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't stand that show, it makes me so sad, but I find myself getting sucked in when nothing else is on. 

I'm always thinking- how did this happen?  My parents knew where I was at all times in high school, I was not allowed out during the week, (not that I had time, I played 2 sports), I was not allowed at anyone's house unless their parents were home, had to be home by 10pm on weekends, and if a boy was in my room, the door HAD to be open.   Just because they're teens doesn't mean they don't need supervision!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I saw that episode, but that is a really new rerun. That was the premiere episode this season....I'm 27 and OBSESSED with this show and Teen Mom(2). I have no idea why I'm so obsessed (I DVR both), but it makes me extremely thankful for where I am. When I was 16 I asked my mom if I could go on birth control because my bf and I wanted to have sex, and I thought it was the toughest conversation of my life. But I look back it and am QUITE thankful that my parents both told me it was better to ask to go on birth control than to end up with other consequences, and boy were they right. I just pray that our LO never ends up in that situation.

As for that episode, I went on mtv.com after to see how they're relationship is now, and they are back together! (I normally do not go on mtv.com, that was my first time, but I just HAD to know) 

• imagehappylady07:

I can't stand that show, it makes me so sad, but I find myself getting sucked in when nothing else is on. 

I'm always thinking- how did this happen?  My parents knew where I was at all times in high school, I was not allowed out during the week, (not that I had time, I played 2 sports), I was not allowed at anyone's house unless their parents were home, had to be home by 10pm on weekends, and if a boy was in my room, the door HAD to be open.   Just because they're teens doesn't mean they don't need supervision!  

While I do see your point, I do know that if teens (or anyone for that matter) is determined enough, they WILL find ways around their parents' rules.  I (for the most part) behaved in high school, but there were times I found ways to do what I wanted without my parents knowing.  Kids make mistakes, think they are more grown-up and mature than they are, and these things can and do happen, even with the utmost parenting.  

Maranda
  • OMG, were we raised in the same house? My parents had the exact same rules for me, and I was also quite involved in school. My parents would even call my friends' houses to see if parents really were home sometimes (randomly) just to make sure we (my brother had same rules) weren't lying.

We're definitely going to have the same rules. They just make sense.

• this show and the teen mom shows are my guilty pleasure...I know some people think it glamorizes teen pregnancy but I think it makes it look terrible, most all of them end up alone, broke as a joke and they have to grow up so fast...Im 26, have a home, a husband, and my masters degree and still feel nervous...maybe theyre just so clueless that they dont know what theyre missing...mostly I pitty them for making poor choices and then having to sacrifice the rest of their childhood and then their child is one day going to watch this show and see that their mom was stupid and their dad left them...its just sad all around...in some cases the parents look like they have no idea how it happened, but those who just let the boyfriends move in while they are dating because they arent getting along with their parents and then are shocked when their daughter ends up pregnant, they are idiots...I was never allowed out during the week, had to be home by 10pm on weekends, and when I was 16 my mom put me on the pill even though I said I wasnt having sex, and I was, so I guess high five to my mom, but my boyfriend was NEVER allowed over if my parents werent there....his parents on the other hand would like shut the door to his room to give us "privacy" what were they thinking?! I also had to many goals to let myself get pregnant....my boyfriends parents are now my in-laws, and im thinking, if I have a girl shes never staying wIith you if you'd let her boyfriend come over and hang out in a bedroom with the door shut....I guess if its a boy same goes for him with this girlfriend....

• "As for that episode, I went on mtv.com after to see how they're relationship is now, and they are back together! (I normally do not go on mtv.com, that was my first time, but I just HAD to know)  "

Are they really?!?!?  That really irks me........

I watched that episode and it literary made my blood boil when he did that.  If anyone did that to my children they would be slapped with kidnapping charge so fast.  I was glad that she called the cops on him!!   

• Its terrible what he did to her. He is very young, and what young boy is not a moron when they were young? Totally separate subject but that is why I do NOT get the cougar thing....I really like for them to grow up and out of stupid behavior that seems to last until much later in life for men.

Also, I had a very supportive moral home with lots of rules and although I did not get pregnant in HS it did not take me long once I went away to college. I was stubborn and rebellious and apparently needed to learn the hard way that rules are there to protect me.

DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • imagehappylady07:

My parents were like yours, but not everyone had parents that involved with their lives.  I had friends in high school who's parents never knew/cared where they were.  DH's parents didn't have a CLUE where he was - ever.  He didn't even have a curfew until he was a senior in high school and randomly one night at 2 AM they realized he wasn't home.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • amyc216amyc216 member
    imageantosh2008:

I'm watching Jennifer's episode where her boyfriend goes berserk and throws her out of the car and takes off with the boys. What a moron!

Is anyone else watching this series?

Ugh!  I couldn't believe that guy!  He was driving too fast first of all and then to leave her on the roadside and speed off with the babies!  What a jerk!  It seems like the dads on that show are almost always complete jerks!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"