April 2011 Moms
Options

Newborns and room temp

Today is our first full day home (it's going pretty good despite exhaustion!) and I'm just wondering about Evie and the temp in our house. What do you keep your thermostat at? And do you keep a hat on LO's head all the time or no? We haven't been... tell me if I'm being silly. :)
imageimage
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

Re: Newborns and room temp

• Options
    I tried to keep a hat on Aubrey's head but that was impossible so I gave up our second day home. I just kept her in layers - those great long sleeve onesies with the fold-over hand part, socks and a sleeper was my fave. She was also swaddled constantly so that kept her warm as well. I left my house at the same temp as always - 75 to 78 degrees.

Welcome home!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options

Wow Kim your house is hot lol.

We keep the temp at 70 and she seems fine, no hat, just adequate clothing and a blanket...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We keep the A/C between 72 and 76. I don't keep a hat on her, but like Kim, I usually keep her layered unless I notice she's warm. So, she's either wearing a onesie, socks, and cotton mittens or one-piece PJs with feet and fold over hands. She sleeps in a swaddle me whether she's napping or at night.

HTH! :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageailidespain:

Wow Kim your house is hot lol.

We keep the temp at 70 and she seems fine, no hat, just adequate clothing and a blanket...

We live on a 3rd floor apt so we get every ones rising heat :( My thermostat is set to 71 or 72 and my apt ranges from 75 - 78 (which sucks). But Aubrey's room is always the coldest, don't ask me why! And I'm a huge ceiling fan person. If I didn't have to pay my electric bill I'd have the ac crankin all day long!!

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options
    Our first night home was awful - LO was awake nonstop from midnight until 7am when my mom (who was visiting) finally relieved us and took him downstairs for a few hours.  We found out quickly that DS likes it hot - we kept it above 80 for 2 days, we have finally been able to get the temp back down to around 72-75deg at night and a little cooler during the day.  I'm comfortable at those temps, but my poor DH can't stand it.
  • Options
    We keep it at 68 at night and 70 during the day. She's usually always wearing a hat (only bc she is small), onesie (once the gowns/zip ups start fitting her we'll put her in that as well as a onesie) and is double swaddled. She seems comfy! 
  • Options
    We keep our house at 68. I believe that's within the range of recommended temperature to reduce the risk of SIDS.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we don't have a/c so right now the temperature in our house ranges from 71 to 77 degrees. we were told at the hospital never to put the baby in a hat when indoors, no matter what the room temperature was. if the temperature is 73 or lower, we usually sticker her in a long-sleeved sleeper and a short-sleeved onesie if the temperature is above 74. the baby always feels really warm so we never use blankets during the day. at night, we keep a fan running and don't use blankets either (bedroom is on the third floor, so the heat rises). 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We've got ours set to 72.  Will doesn't like to be hot.  We also always have 1-2 fans running in our room (he's sleeping in the PnP bassinet currently).  He's been sleeping in a long-sleeved, footed onesie and seems cozy.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMegZRN:
    We keep it at 68 at night and 70 during the day. She's usually always wearing a hat (only bc she is small), onesie (once the gowns/zip ups start fitting her we'll put her in that as well as a onesie) and is double swaddled. She seems comfy! 

I put D in one of the long-sleeve shirts that button, and swaddle his bottom half.  I cover his bottom half with a blanket when he's in the crib/bassinet, too.  He is a little radiator and I worry about him getting too hot! During the day he's in a onesie and has socks on, as well as a blanket on his legs when we hold him.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"