Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My First Born & My First Lost

On April 17th 12:16am my water broke while I was laying in the bed. I was scared and i didn't know what to do because I was only 18 week pregnant. My child's father call 911 and i was rushed to the hospital. When i got their they did an ultrasound and my baby still had a heart beat and i had a little bit of fluid left in my sac. Later on a nurse approached me and my family and told me to expect a miscarriage in 3 days and if i didnt have one return to the hospital and i was sent home. The next day I went to a different hospital and was told that my sac could re-heal on its own and i needed to be on bed-rest and they didnt understand why the first hospital sent me home because there was still a fetal heart tone. The next day while I was using the restroom I noticed something that looked like a foot hanging out my vagina and again I called 911 and was rushed to the hospital. When I got there they didn't see what i seen coming out so they sent me home with a container to put my baby in once it came out. So i go home and I use the restroom again and I notice two legs hanging out so I called my sister and she came over in shocked and called 911 again and it wasnt even 30 minutes since I left the hospital. Once again I was rushed to the hospital and started pushing I told the nurse that the baby wasnt coming out so she started pulling the legs and i started pushing and she told me "the baby's out but not all the way out....the head is still in you, and it's a boy" She stuck her fingers inside of me and said that i wasn't dilated. So the head doctor stuck some pills inside my vaginal to induce labor and moved me to one of the birthing rooms, where it took me 6 hours to deliver the head of my baby. There was a lot of blood loss, they had to change my bedding and give me morphine like 3 or 4 times. The doctors were pulling my placenta out and it kept breaking off, so i was passing the placenta in pieces.  They also told me that they could "Dispose the Baby" if i liked. And after all that blood loss and emotional trauma they sent me home the next day and me and my fiance planned the funeral ourselves. R.I.P. Zaedin Karlen Yates...

Please leave comments 

Re: My First Born & My First Lost

• I have a hard time believing this could be real.
  • Unbelievable. I am appalled at how the hospital treated you! I am so sorry for what you went through. I'm sending T&P your way and hoping that you have a strong support system around you in this difficult time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ummmm.... I am not quite sure if I believe that.... There are few things wrong with your story. If it is true, I am sorry for your loss......
    (USE TO BE, WISH2BEMOMMY). 1st BFP ever Aug. 16, 2010.... 1st OB appt. Sept. 8, 2010, u/s showed poss. blighted ovum.... b/w 9/8/10 22,698 b/w 9/10/10 14,521.... mmc confirmed, started naturally m/c 9/15/10, d & c 9/16/10 I love you my precious monkey!! 2nd BFP March 2011.... c/p, miss you lil one!! 3rd BFP Nov. 20, 2011, subcornial hemorrhage detected 11/24/11 heartbeat found.... LO's heartbeat lost 11/25/11.... d & c 11/26/11..... I love and miss you so much baby!!!! C/P 4/26/12.... gone before I knew you.... off BCP 10-1-13.. BFP 11-20-13.. SCH for 7 weeks.. 3-4-14: It's a Girl!.. 4-22-12 emergency cerclage placed..7-7-14 cerclage removed at 36w.. delivered Lillian Marie 7-28-14..
     "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"

Our TTCAL Blog--Newbies and Lurkers Please Read!

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • This is so ridiculous. I cannot....believe this. This is the most terrible story I have ever heard. I would definitely consider legal action and you NEED to go to a legitimate doctor, because with all of that carelessness, I'm just really afraid you might have an infection or worse. I am not saying you DO, but you need to get yourself checked. I cannot believe this happened.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm only 18 years old and this was my first time giving birth. I didn't know if that was how things go. My family said that how the doctors treated me was wrong and I should seek legal action. I wanted the opinions of people that have had children and that may know the right course of action that I should take. Whether or not you doubt my story I thank you for your support. I never looked at the internet in this way before but it really helps to know that people are out there care. This story is also posted on Topix because I really want people to know how the hospital has treated me. The hospitals name is Via Christi (used to be named Saint Joseph) in Wichita, Ks, and if you happen to be pregnant and living in Wichita then I advise you to go to another hospital.
  • I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my son at 20 weeks about a month ago after my water broke at 19 weeks. He was my first child as well so I understand the pain you are feeling. If you feel like the hospital treated you wrongly, you should talk to an attorney.

I am not sure why previous posters don't believe the story? It is not that different from some other pProm stories I have read (such as possibility of resealing, baby's feet emerging without being dilated). Although, it's insane they would give you a container to hold the baby in case you delivered at home! I have never heard of anything like that, but I guess it's possible. I didn't go into labor until a week after my water broke, but once I started having real contractions, I was admitted immediately. They never should have sent you home, but sadly, it probably wouldn't have made a difference either way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP on 1/1/11; pPROM at 19 weeks; Jameson Thomas born on 4/5/11 at 20 weeks.

Imagine a love so strong that saying hello and goodbye the same day was worth the sorrow.
  • The container is usually for what cytogenetics call "Products of conception" or "fetal remains" so that if you DO pass it- you can at least test it and see the reason for the miscarriage.

I am sorry this happened to you... I hope you never have to go through this again.

• My god, I believe you!!! Around the same time in Long Beach, California they did it to me too!  I have lived in hell. Me and the father are having a hard time.  They gave me an epidural, I didn't ask for it, I asked for morphine but they insisted...It turned out it is a crappy student hosptial. The kid missed and hit something and it was soo painful.  It shot through my left leg and exploded at my toes twice! They did bad things to my baby.  They suggested I did not look at him so I never saw him.  I imagine that they poked his eye out and/or bruised him badly??? They never should have taken him out...I was not even dialed 1 cm and they induced me 4 times before anything happened.  They killed my child.  Everyone know that these hospitals are not all good.  Stay away as much as you can!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"