Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper for full-time sleep

Anyone have/ had this? Esp. if you have a small place.

Did you use it for the newborn to sleep in for both naps and night-time sleep?

Is it okay for baby to sleep in this position full-time?

At what age will baby fit in this until it has outgrown it?

Would you recommend it?

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper for full-time sleep

• I think almost everyone has this! :)

We use it around the clock.  We're just about to start transitioning into the crib, so it will probably only become a daytime thing soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenbeseau:

I think almost everyone has this! :)

We use it around the clock.  We're just about to start transitioning into the crib, so it will probably only become a daytime thing soon.

Yup.

She sleeps in it full time. I've been meaning to transition her to the crib, but she keeps getting colds since DC started, so it's better for her to be more upright. I think it's rated to 25lbs, but you can switch anytime up to that point. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • For baby #1-we used it for naps/nighttime sleep. He had reflux so the only place he would sleep was in the rock n play or his carseat. We transitioned him to the crib at 5.5 months old

Baby #2-still sleeping in the rock n play at 3.5 months old. I think we are going to transition her to the crib in the next few weeks.

Baby can sleep in it full time. I highly recommend it. Baby can sleep in it up until 25lbs, but most people dont use it for that long.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is what we used.  He napped in it until he was 18 lbs now he loves rocking in it.  I live in a small space so it was important to have baby items that did more than one thing. The kick stand makes it just like a bassinet.  LO loves it and it goes up to 35 lbs which is much higher than most baby rockers and swings.

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2000&e=product&selcat=bgb&pid=55330

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We still use it full time for sleep and naps. LO is just about 14 lbs at 5 months. There is no issue using it full time just make sure they have lots of tummy time to make sure they don't develop flat spots. It's great for reflux babies.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • i love that thing, she slept in it next to my bed before we transitioned her to the crib, if we go visit my mom or somthing this is easier to take along then the pack & play and also latley (4month wakeful period) if she is fussy she will sleep easier in this then the crib
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageReneeDear:

This is what we used.  He napped in it until he was 18 lbs now he loves rocking in it.  I live in a small space so it was important to have baby items that did more than one thing. The kick stand makes it just like a bassinet.  LO loves it and it goes up to 35 lbs which is much higher than most baby rockers and swings.

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2000&e=product&selcat=bgb&pid=55330

This!  I would definitely rec this over the RnP.  We had both and returned the RnP b/c this does double duty.  We just transitioned DD to her crib, but this also has a toy bar and she's really comfy in it, so I use it when I'm cooking dinner or taking a shower.  She really likes it and slept it in every night (and every nap) up until the past week or so! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used it for the first 3 months for nighttime sleep (she would only nap on us or in a swing.) Loved it. She transitioned without a hitch to her crib after that (still swaddled, though.)
  • I used it exclusively from 5 days old to around 4 months.  That thing is miraculous.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• I waited til LO was a month old to buy it (TB is the only reason I went out and got it) and I wish I had it sooner!
  • It's a great product. I wish it would have been out for my first DD who struggled with reflux badly.

We used it full time for 3 months then started doing night time in the crib. At 5 months we're still able to use it for naps for my son, but I would *not* have been able to still use it with my first kid at 5 months. Once they can sit up real well it becomes dangerous because they can sit up and flop out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we use it all the time too...naps and nighttime sleep...she doesn't like her crib at all...I don't know how I'm going to get her to start sleeping in there.....ugh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"